Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
mitchlovell96

Thank you

Today in the mail I received the $230.00 visa gift card, I can never thank you guys enough!!! Hornsports has been a great place for me as a big Texas fan in small NorthDakota to go as there aren't many Texas fans up here, so I love the hornsports community more than words can explain thankyou so much for welcoming me and being so nice to me really appreciate it and I love coming to the site everyday. I look forward to the day I finally get to experience a game at DKR which is hopefully very soon would love to meet you guys and of course Hook 'Em!

You should direct your thank yous toward SHA, he was the impetus for this.  Truly an outstanding human being.

Off Topic, but SHA actually has an ancestor who fought at the Battle of San Jacinto on April 21, 1836.

Thought about that last night when watching that battle on "Texas Rising." 

So, young man, you do remember that you need to let me know if you're going to make it to Austin for a game this year. Please give me as much advance notice as possible. I've got a. Couple of tickets with your name on them.

Just when I think you guys can't top what you've already done, I'm not terribly optimistic I'll be able to this year but I will forsure let you know you guys are THE BEST

Off Topic, but SHA actually has an ancestor who fought at the Battle of San Jacinto on April 21, 1836.

Thought about that last night when watching that battle on "Texas Rising." 

LOL, yea, Cleveland Wyatt Lyon. Fought at San Jac, was awarded 600 acres after the war (in Leon County), then died a year later.

That would just suck. Come all the way from Georgia to fight a war and get some land, then die before you can really enjoy it.

Incidently, Mrs Cleveland Wyatt Lyon documented the trip from Georgia. They had to pause in Birmingham to let the Indians go through (trail of tears) on their way to Oklahoma. They were told to go through Shreveport then through NE Texas to get to San Antonio (where he thought he was going) as the golden triangle area was just too violent and crazy. lol  Thats a long way to go to avoid trouble. Prolly worth it though.

CONGRATULATIONS Mitch, graduation is a big deal. You've achieved something big in life. Now go get some more big stuff!

We're having some difficulty activating the card. My wife and I have been trying to help him via email but he's not been able to activate it yet. It's a prepaid VISA card activated by a green dot process.

If anyone has a tip on this, we'd welcome it.

Congrats Mitch! FYI, we may need to meet up this fall for a game on TV. Maybe put together a Texas Ex gathering in Fargo or something like it, bring your folks, siblings, etc. and maybe we hit a BW3, catch a game, make fun of sooners or aggsy. At the very least we can teach the Bison fans what a real "Hook Em" hand signal is supposed to look like.

I'm in Park Rapids, MN, about 90 miles east. I think y'all are north of Fargo, right? I make it there a couple times a month. It would be great to catch a game, meet your family and make new friends.

again, congratulations. it's a big accomplishment, be proud.

I received a very nice thank you card in the mail today. Thought I'd share it with you guys/gals since the card is to you, Hornsports members.

Dear gang at Hornsports,

Thank you so much for the $230. I love all the Hornsports community, can't thank you guys enough!

Hopefully, we can meet up soon at DKR!!

Sincerely,

Mitchell