Find results in...

Cole Hammer (golf)

Here are some pics of the course

It's in Washington, first Open ever in Pacific NW

Looks pretty damn cool, although I suppose weather can always be an issue

ps - Hammer committed to Horns when he was 13

us-open-golf-chambers-bay-jpeg-000c4.jpg

us-open-golf-chambers-bay-jpeg-02a06.jpg

it is often wet in the GPNW, but late June thru August is the exception, normally.   The days are usually dry and long.  Doesn't get dark until 10pm.  it's going to end up being the perfect venue.

there.  now i've jinxed it, but not because i want to.  i love the pacific northwest and that area in particular.  June, July and August are the best possible times to be there.  Good Lord, what a gorgeous layout.

My baseball playing grandson is 13.  He hasn't heard a peep out of UT.  :)  He has, however, received letters from UH and a few Jr. colleges.  At 13 - can you believe it?  They say they will be following him throughout public school.  Are colleges this desperate?

He was 5'6" last Nov. and he is now 5'10" and his fastball has been clocked at 80 mph.  And, yes, his grandpa is monitoring him pretty close and staying on his dad's butt about not over pitching him.

Besides, for all we know, he may wind up being a tuba player in the HS band. 

But for a kid to commit to a college at 13 is unbelievable.  I don't care if it was golf or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh, after my surgical procedure today I had hoped to enjoy watching the broadcast. Whoa! Is FOX brutally bad or what? I understand this is their first time in the Barrel, so to speak, but good golly guys. I didn't even get some of the Graphics. Added nothing. Did confuse me and no it's not due to pain Meds. I can't take pain meds, just powering through again. Brad Faxon...... snore. Did FOX steal anyone, anyone from NBC, CBS or even ESPN that has worked golf. Not sure if anyone at FOX other than the Network Executives even play Golf. We deserve better. shame on he USGA for trying to squeeze every last Penney outta the negotiation.

OK, now that I've gone all Randolph Duke on the U.S. open, I'll go away.

Gosh, after my surgical procedure today I had hoped to enjoy watching the broadcast. Whoa! Is FOX brutally bad or what? I understand this is their first time in the Barrel, so to speak, but good golly guys. I didn't even get some of the Graphics. Added nothing. Did confuse me and no it's not due to pain Meds. I can't take pain meds, just powering through again. Brad Faxon...... snore. Did FOX steal anyone, anyone from NBC, CBS or even ESPN that has worked golf. Not sure if anyone at FOX other than the Network Executives even play Golf. We deserve better. shame on he USGA for trying to squeeze every last Penney outta the negotiation.

OK, now that I've gone all Randolph Duke on the U.S. open, I'll go away.

It's not just you.

I was underwhelmed by FOX's coverage today, too. They've got a long way to go to meet CBS's high standards. NBC is okay, but I don't like Johnny Miller's delivery at times. Too critical.

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

Tiger has had his day. And it was AWESOME. Not a big golf fan, but I'll admit I tuned in many a

PGA televised event just to see how he was doing and see him perform and pull off golf magic.

And he pulled off the magic so many times. Watching him was like watching Michael Jordan

with the Chicago Bulls in the 1990s...you knew it was special and it wouldn't last forever. 

But, Tiger WAS special...as was Jordan...they were greatness, seldom achieved. SPECIAL.

I love sports of all kinds and those guys were SPECIAL. They were a part of my sports admiring

life. Thanks to them both for being part of my life, really enjoyed it guys!