Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2016 Recruiting - Week #15-23

I hope some (or even all!) of this turns out to be true because I suspect we are going to be seeing alot of this guy

I think he is now 23.  A "former Australian Rules Football player" who trained at Prokick Australia in Melbourne.

Ohio State was looking at him in 2013, but they signed another punter, not sure what happened since.

His Prokick mates claim -- 

"He has an explosive leg"

"He continually (kicks) 65 yards, ball after ball after ball"

"He can punt 80 yards"

"He has a hang time of 5.2 to 5.4 seconds"

Plus, he should be easier to get into school as he has already has met his foreign language requirement.

oops my bad, for some reason I typed Nebraska. 

Reports this morning are that he won't enroll in the summer but during the fall. That's been trending JUCO for a good bit now, I would be surprised if he ever plays a down at Wisconsin. 

Honest mistake.

They both look the same, kinda like A&M and Miss State. You may have a future at Russell Athletic!

Nebraska_Martinez.jpg

Teammate of his possibly? Anyone able to Nostradamus this tweet for me?

Somebody DM'ed me the name on Twitter, but told me not to share it so I'll honor their word. It's not that hard to figure out if you don't overthink it. 

It sounds like Strong and staff aren't accepting their commitment right now and he's a pretty good player. "Accepting" might be the wrong word, telling him to slow down is probably a better wording. Like I've tried to tell people, Strong is pretty selective this early with commitments. 

Somebody DM'ed me the name on Twitter, but told me not to share it so I'll honor their word. It's not that hard to figure out if you don't overthink it. 

It sounds like Strong and staff aren't accepting their commitment right now and he's a pretty good player. "Accepting" might be the wrong word, telling him to slow down is probably a better wording. Like I've tried to tell people, Strong is pretty selective this early with commitments. 

The 3 star running back??

RBs we've offered: Whaley, Martin, Williams, Porter, Humphrey, Stephens and Anderson. 

I could be wrong but I don't think we even keep in contact with Porter and Stephens anymore. 

Not sure what "3 star" RB you are referring too in terms of offers. 

The one I saw rumored was Anderson.

The one I saw rumored was Anderson.

That's who I was told it was. No need to keep it quiet now, I think almost everyone knows now. At least that's who it's rumored to be, I have no way to verify if that's true. I was told by several people that it's Anderson. 

Makes sense because I do think we have a legit shot with Whaley.