Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2016 Recruiting - Week #15-23

SURE WOULD LIKE TO SEE 4 to 5 OL commit to the horns. Also 3 more LBS as IMO these are the most pressing needs for next season. OL talent is not so plentiful in Texas this year and the top talent has already commited elsewjere. Same as DT talent.So maybe out of state again to fill needs.

• Administrators

The Sooners are getting desperate...they're giving kids multiple offers.

nick%20eubanks.jpg

Nick Eubanks ..... American Heritage (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
3-star ..... TE ..... 6-6/215​

Eubanks was offered today but will most likely end up at Bammy, especially if his 2015 basketball bro, Kobie Eubanks, signs with the Tide as expected.

nick%20eubanks.jpg

Nick Eubanks ..... American Heritage (Fort Lauderdale, FL)

3-star ..... TE ..... 6-6/215​

Eubanks was offered today but will most likely end up at Bammy, especially if his 2015 basketball bro, Kobie Eubanks, signs with the Tide as expected.

I THINK BOTH OF THEM WILL BE AT TIDE

devin%20bush%20jr.jpg
Offered May 27
Devin Bush Jr. ..... Charles W Flanagan (Hollywood, FL)
4-star ..... ILB ..... 6-0/220​

Per CaneInsider:
A 2015 The Opening Finals invitee, Bush, Jr. is the son of Charles W. Flanagan High School head coach, Devin Bush. The elder is a former NFL safety who played at Florida State where he won a national championship in 1993, was later drafted in the first round by the Falcons and won a Super Bowl with the St. Louis Rams in 2000.

Though many people will always associate him with his father, particularly Florida State fans, Bush Jr. is looking to make his own way.

“I want to be myself, I want to make name for myself and I want to do it by myself. I know he helps me out, but I want to be my own man.â€

devin%20bush%20jr.jpg

Offered May 27

Devin Bush Jr. ..... Charles W Flanagan (Hollywood, FL)

4-star ..... ILB ..... 6-0/220​

Per CaneInsider:

A 2015 The Opening Finals invitee, Bush, Jr. is the son of Charles W. Flanagan High School head coach, Devin Bush. The elder is a former NFL safety who played at Florida State where he won a national championship in 1993, was later drafted in the first round by the Falcons and won a Super Bowl with t

he St. Louis Rams in 2000.

Though many people will always associate him with his father, particularly Florida State fans, Bush Jr. is looking to make his own way.

“I want to be myself, I want to make name for myself and I want to do it by myself. I know he helps me out, but I want to be my own man.â€

Nice Bevo tat on right bicep...

"It’s just not true," Swarbrick said, per Brendan Sonnone of the Orlando Sentinel. "The way this process works is a student identifies schools they would like to consider and we have not denied a single school that Everett Golson identified as one he has an interest in going to."

Swarbrick is telling the truth from that statement except he leaves out that he had already told Golson that any team on ND's schedule would be blocked. Swarbrick should run for president, he can bullshit as well as any politician.

CFB AM: Everett Golson confirms Notre Dame blocked him from Texas

When former Notre Dame quarterback Everett Golson was sifting through his options of places to transfer, he found Texas intriguing.

The Longhorns are in need of stability at quarterback, and head coach Charlie Strong and his staff developed Teddy Bridgewater -- now the Minnesota Vikings starting QB -- into a first-round pick while at Louisville. Austin seemed like a solid spot for Golson to spend his final year of eligibility.

There was just one issue: Notre Dame wouldn't allow Golson to consider Texas, because the two schools face each other in Week 1 of the 2015 season.

That wouldn't be seen as an injustice by any measure -- schools routinely block transfers from going to other programs on the upcoming season's schedule -- but Irish athletic director Jack Swarbrick put himself in a tough spot when he said publicly that Notre Dame didn't block "a single school" Golson had interest in.

"It's just not true," Swarbrick said regarding the rumors ND blocked Golson. "The way this process works is a student identifies schools they would like to consider, and we have not denied a single school that Everett Golson identified as one he has an interest in going to."

Golson has a little different perspective. In a visit with my colleague Bruce Feldman this week -- in which Golson explained why he left Notre Dame and his title-or-bust expectations for the upcoming season at Florida State -- the QB said he would have been intrigued by Texas if it were an option for him.

"I would've definitely entertained it, but just knowing that I couldn't, it kinda limited me," Golson said. "It was pretty awkward, but it was kind of expected. It would've been interesting to see Texas. They (Notre Dame) basically limited me to the schools that we wouldn't play. I wasn't really surprised by it."

Bruce asked Golson what he made out of Swarbrick saying Notre Dame didn't block him from any schools, to which he replied: "I just kinda left it alone. The biggest thing for me was I wanted to be somewhere down south, too. They didn't necessarily block me from something I was strongly considering, except maybe Texas."

This is all semantics on Swarbrick's part. His quote dances around the issue and puts the onus on Golson by saying ND didn't deny any school that Golson identified as one he's interested in. Notre Dame asked Golson for a list of 10 schools he would consider -- that also met Notre Dame's approval, by the way -- and Swarbrick spun it as, "See? These are the 10 schools Everett identified he was interested in. We didn't block any of them."

Well, of course. That was after Notre Dame reportedly made it clear no team on its 2015 schedule could be on Golson's list, which ruled out Texas.

Ultimately, none of this is a huge deal. Golson seems thrilled to have an opportunity at Florida State and credit to him for being professional about the process and appreciative of all that Notre Dame did for him. The Irish, meanwhile, are probably happy to move forward with Malik Zaire at QB and prepare for the upcoming season.

But Notre Dame shouldn't play any silly public games with Golson (nor should any other school with its transfers). Spin it however you want, but Golson was never allowed to consider Texas as an option for his final season. Fine -- then just say that straight up.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/florida-state-seminoles-notre-dame-blocked-everett-golson-texas-cfb-am-052815

• 2 weeks later...

Baylor just picked up a good one. Kid is from my home town, Daingerfield. I'm pretty close to the Mims family (several brothers, sons have played college & pro ball). This one is as good as the rest, maybe better when its said and done. He's 6'4 with speed.

New-Boston-Daingerfield12-630x420.jpg

Daingerfield Receiver Denzel Mims Commits To Baylor

by Mike Graham June 7, 2015 4:45 PM

It took less than a day for Denzel Mims to pick his future college football home.

Baylor offered the senior Daingerfield receiver Saturday evening after an impressive performance at its satellite camp in Marshall and Mims verbally committed Sunday afternoon.

Mims (6-4, 180), who confirmed to news to ETSN.fm, is the Bears’ ninth football commitment in its 2016 recruiting class and the program’s first from an East Texas high school. Art Briles and company also are actively recruiting senior Nacogdoches safety Brandon Jones and senior Tyler Lee quarterback Zach Hall as well as Liberty-Eylau defensive end Lagaryonn Carson in the 2017 class.

Baylor has been a major player in local recruiting for years, but its past two signing classes have featured arguably the single most explosive offensive players from the region.

K.D. Cannon, a former Mount Pleasant receiver, recorded more than 1,000 yards during his true freshman year last season. The team followed that score up with the signing of Gilmer receiver Blake Lynch, who recorded 1,966 all-purpose yards and passed for another 289 yards en route to a 2014 Class 4A Division II state championship.

In total, the Bears will have seven former East Texas players on its 2015 roster.

Briles, a former Texas high school football coach, has been a miracle worker in Waco through his six years on the job. He has a 55-34 record at Baylor and yet the school still has only a .510 all-time winning percentage.

The 2014 campaign was a banner year. The Bears just missed an inaugural College Football Playoff berth after tying with TCU for the Big 12 Championship with an 11-1 overall record, Baylor’s second-consecutive league title.

Briles’ program finished the season ranked seventh in the final Associated Press poll after a one-point loss to Michigan State in the AT&T Cotton Bowl.

Mims should add more speed to the Bears’ roster. He won the Class 3A 200 meter state championship last month with a time of 21.30 seconds.

On the gridiron, the new Baylor commitment recorded 39 catches for 682 yards with six offensive touchdowns. He also made 24 tackles, four interceptions and scored two touchdowns as a defensive back.

Mims, who picked the Bears in favor of offers from North Texas, Texas State, Texas Tech, Arkansas State, Central Arkansas and Tulsa, will become eligible to sign with the program on Feb. 3.

Read More: Daingerfield Receiver Denzel Mims Commits To Baylor | http://etsn.fm/daingerfield-receiver-denzel-mims-commits-to-baylor/?trackback=tsmclip

byron%20murphy.jpg
Byron Murphy ..... Saguaro (Scottsdale, AZ)
4-star ..... CB ..... 5-11/160​

Horns offer Murphy on June 7th.

An Army All-American and The Opening Finals invitee, Bryon Murphy is being recruited by Tommy Robinson... who just happens to have been his 7th grade FBU coach. On top of that, his HS position coach is some ol' guy named Bryant Westbrook. ;)

Murphy says of Westbrook, “He’s always on me, ‘You’re going to be a Longhorn.’ He’s always saying that at practice, recruiting me for Texas.â€

Per 247Sports on his performance at The Opening Regional:
The defensive back group was so talented that Murphy could have easily been the top performer of the group. He showed great feet, some great competitive traits and was rarely beaten in coverage.

demarkus%20acy.jpg
DeMarkus Acy ..... Wilmer-Hutchins (Dallas, TX)
0-star ..... S ..... 6-0/175​

Per 247Sports:
While Acy is not rated by 247Sports, he does hold major offers from the likes of Kansas State, Oklahoma and Texas Tech. Acy told Horns247 on Sunday that his interest level is Texas is "high."

“I really like how Coach (Charlie) Strong run his program,†he said. “He’s all about putting kids first, and that sticks out to me. He wants to bring everything out of his players. Texas is also one of the most prestigious schools in the country.â€

Acy recorded 89 tackles, 10 pass breakups and one interception as a junior.

Per Scout:
Acy is extremely fast and physical. He has great football awareness and excels in man to man coverage. Acy has attended junior days with Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Arkansas.

â€I thought this was the best camp as far as program tradition and this camp was by far the most organized and I believe I will benefit me in the future,†Acy said.

Wilmer-Hutchins head coach Elzie Barnett used him in a lot of different ways last season because of his unique blend of size, speed and agility. "He's extremely fast and extremely physical," Barnett explained of Acy's talents. "He is smart in coverage and good at man-to-man coverage. He has long arms and he is not afraid to come down and mix it up in the box.

• Administrators

Buckle up.....

• Administrators

Matt, I've been buckled up for hours.....

You're safe to unbuckle...