Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Lord Vader

Ricky Seals- Jones DeCommits

news today thay he is decommitted and looking at us, lsu, aggy, and baylor. I have to believe this has to do with mack getting antsy after yesterdays devastating camrhon hughes injury.

that not it he want to play basketball to

News today thay he is decommitted and looking at us, LSU, Aggy, and Baylor. I have to believe this has to do with Mack getting antsy after yesterdays devastating Camrhon Hughes injury.

The Hughes injury has no bearing on the RSJ news. Something's up. AAU is being brought up by many as probably being the reasoning behind it.

You guys won't like my take but I think it's chicken shit and the basketball excuse is the easy way out. I'll bet you a pair of West Virginia tickets the kid ends up committing to Texas A&M. Supposedly he has a fistful of new schools on his list including Cal, LSU, SMU, Baylor, Kentucky and TAMU. SOmeone tell me why in the hell a kid from the small town of Sealy Texas would want to play at Cal? It makes no sense. The interesting school in this list is the one that makes absolutely no sense (even more so than Cal) - KENTUCKY. Why? Because UK is a basketball school. The question would not be is RSJ good enough to play football at Kentucky but is he good enough to play basketball at Kentucky?

His junior year basketball stats - Averaged 32 points per game, 15.2 rebounds per game and 2 assists and 2 blocks per game. Is this Wildcat good? I'll let you be the judge.

This shit stinks and it stinks bad.

Like Big Worm says in Friday:

Playin' with my money is like playin' with my emotions.

Texas needs to come up with a plan B. Trust me on this.

Ricky Seals-Jones is the #3 rated played in the country with the 2013 class and I'm hearing you want him to take a hike? If I were Texas I would hand him a key and tell him to come back home at whatever time he wants. He is one of the signature commits of the class. Texas dropped in the recruiting stronghold a few spots after his decommittment. Do whatever it takes to get him back on board including prayer.

Ricky Seals-Jones is the #3 rated played in the country with the 2013 class and I'm hearing you want him to take a hike? If I were Texas I would hand him a key and tell him to come back home at whatever time he wants. He is one of the signature commits of the class. Texas dropped in the recruiting stronghold a few spots after his decommittment. Do whatever it takes to get him back on board including prayer.

We're Texas and Texas doesn't bend over for anyone, even the # 1 rated prospect in the country. He took the hike and I am sure they won't be as hard ass with him as me but I am old school.

We're Texas and Texas doesn't bend over for anyone, even the # 1 rated prospect in the country. He took the hike and I am sure they won't be as hard ass with him as me but I am old school.

Get over it. The 5-star guys like to be stroked a bit and this was probably his way of getting his due. He's a monster and a monster we need at Texas. With the exception of Jordan Shipley we haven't had this kind of gamebreaker in many many years. It's time and RSJ is that guy.

Get over it. The 5-star guys like to be stroked a bit and this was probably his way of getting his due. He's a monster and a monster we need at Texas. With the exception of Jordan Shipley we haven't had this kind of gamebreaker in many many years. It's time and RSJ is that guy.

He has withdrawn his commitment. What would you have them do? It is on him to decide where he wants to play. It's nearly like you think Texas did something wrong.

Losing RSJ is a HUGE blow. I don't buy the basketball excuse either, no doubt Barnes could find him a roster spot and would be told to do so.

WHATEVER the **** the issue is with this young man, Mack gets paid zillions to be a closer. He needs to get this kid back as a Texas commit......not tomorrow, not after breakfast, now.

Mack fired over recruiting? The guy keeps his job year after year because no one our recruits or out closes Mack. He continues to lose to OU and we can talk but these early commitments are verbal and kids change their mind all the time.

RSJ was in Austin today and met with the football and basketball program leadership. Showed up with his AAU coach and I believe his dad. He was at TAMU yesterday with his dad and his AAU coach.

His tweet today said he enjoyed his visit to both schools (I assume referring to UT & A&M).

Seems the Horns are still very much alive in the RSJ Sweepstakes.

RSJ was in Austin today and met with the football and basketball program leadership. Showed up with his AAU coach and I believe his dad. He was at TAMU yesterday with his dad and his AAU coach.

His tweet today said he enjoyed his visit to both schools (I assume referring to UT & A&M).

Seems the Horns are still very much alive in the RSJ Sweepstakes.

Yeah he is trying to pull a Martellus Bennett. Just play some damn football Ricky! And don't lose that number.

per reports RSJ had a good visit today. Both Rick and Mack met with RSJ, dad and aau coach. Mack even changed his schedule around so he could be there when RSJ arrived. He plans to visit Lsu in the next couple of weeks.

Be patient and continue to recruit him as a WR and in basketball. We have Swoopes on our side and that should help.

The reports now are that he has Texas and Texas A&M in a dead-even battle for his services. He likes both which is a big problem for me. I understand the SEC lure that A&M provides but he has grown up in Texas and he knows which school he prefers.

So word is he was in College Station and met with the football and basketball coaches. He ever played pick up games.

My question, where the hell was Rick Barnes? I guess he has tired of screwing up our basketball program and is not concentrating on football.

Barnes is not bad at all compared to what we could have as bb coach. Tom Penders was half the coach Barnes is.

Hey I talk to Tommy all the time on Twitter. Barnes ignores me..probably because he doesn't have a Twitter account?