Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

psybj

Members
  • Content Count

    26
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation Activity

  1. Like
    psybj got a reaction from J.B. TexasEx in Why LSU is a 5 pt favorite   
    both teams have elite talent but LSU didn't have that gap that was there before Herman took over.
    LSU is much more experienced that UTx.  LSU has 8 starters back on O, and 8 on D.
    UTx OL may be more talented but LSU is more experienced, a big issue for OL.
    UTx has an excellent QB but the difference is not that great.  With RB problem the QB/FB will be pushed to use is feet more than the one man show should.  LSU QB was named SEC Off Player of the Week today.
    LSU is deep at RB with HEALTHY guys, UTx is scrambling.  One RB can't be effective for a whole game taking the pounding.
    LSU top 3 WRs and 2 TEs will play on Sundays.  And maybe more young ones.
    LSU D and ST are excellent, both are likely to be Top Ten in nation despite the extreme schedule (6 of top 16 teams in nation).  And now the D has quality depth, can rotate on DL, LB and DB to keep them rested.
    This is not meant to be a flame but rather an explanation.  Will ask any questions but please no BS about last year.
  2. Like
    psybj got a reaction from oldhorn2 in Good Luck   
    Hope Horns come out of the game OK and kik azz the rest of the season.
    Hope my TIGERS do a little better.
    Expect a serious battle, hopefully no one gets hurt.
    See you in BR next year.
  3. Like
    psybj got a reaction from primal defense in Good Luck   
    Hope Horns come out of the game OK and kik azz the rest of the season.
    Hope my TIGERS do a little better.
    Expect a serious battle, hopefully no one gets hurt.
    See you in BR next year.
  4. Like
    psybj got a reaction from DBut82 in what to expect Sat   
    First the Objective, the best prediction available, by the guys who will let you bet your house against their opinions:
    LSU -6, -240, +200.   LV bookies say LSU has a 69% chance of winning, UTx a 31% chance.
     
    LSU has one glaring weakness, their OL.  Experienced but not up to championship level.  Only avg 3.7 ypc vs Ga So.  Last season Burrow was a sitting duck, was repeatedly sacked.  New approach is to get the ball out fast before the D can get to the QB.  IMO the UTx D will attack the LSU OL.  That is what to watch when LSU has the ball.
    To try to stop UTx, LSU will probably try to play man vs the big UTx WRs, leaving them on an island.  LSU CB Fulton is rated as the 3rd best DB in the coming draft, a pure cover corner.  CB Stingley has only played one college game but comes in as the top Fr in the nation at any position; one former NFL DB says he will be the first player taken in the draft when he is eligible.  Stingley has fantastic potential -- which means he ain't done it yet.  Next CB in line is another true Fr.  UTx will find a jam in the middle, running or throwing, and is likely to find out if their big strong WRs can outrun, outjump, outwrestle the LSU CBs.  That will be fun to watch when UTx has the ball.
     
    Familiarity is interesting:
    >Orgeron and Herman were both candidates for the LSU job. 
    >Herman and LSU DC Aranda were once roommates and have remained in contact; Aranda recommended the UTx DC to Herman (maybe when he was at UH?).
    >Herman found and recruited Burrow to tOSU.
    >Chaisson played vs Ehrlinger in a state champ game.
    >UTx star Safety was once committed to LSU.
    >LSU plays many TX kids.
     
    There are probably other things not remembered.
     
    ENJOY THE GAME!

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

Home
Forums
News
Store

Quick Links

Football
Men's Basketball
Baseball
More Sports

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...