I agree with what most of y'all have already said, just putting in my two cents worth. A few thoughts on where we are and where we are going:
1. This next week is the most critical week of the Charlie Strong era. The team and program are at a crossroads. One way leads to an uphill climb back to being competitive and hope for the future. The other way leads us back down a dark road where Strong will be unable to recover. So, of all things I though most unlikely, here we have arrived with this game against the RICE OWLS being the biggest of the year.
2. Disturbing-football is won/lost up front. Both sides of the ball struggled mightily. The offensive line is TERRIBLE as has been said multiple times. The defensive line did not get ANY penetration and I was somewhat surprised by this.
3. Hate to say this but the team looks weak. What happened in the offseason?
4. Watching the body language of some of our best offensive players was painful. Many times I saw Jonathan Gray look very frustrated. A. Forman looked frustrated also. Sad if the players KNOW they don't have a chance. They deserve better.
5. Shawn Watson and Joe Wickline both need to go. Period. No excuse for this. What is most unsettling in watching teams like SMU and Houston role out offenses that move the ball while we are being sold a "wait till 3 years from now" line. Texas got flat out embarrassed and that is unacceptable. LAST in the nation in offense-at TEXAS?
6. All being said I really am pulling for Strong but if this team comes out against Rice an lays down then he needs to go and go now. A loss against ND would have been ok but outside of a few players there was absolutely NOTHING that shows there have been ANY improvements made in the offseason.