From IT on Texas DB coach
Short story it sucked...
ere’s a good convo topic for prospects.
I talked to one of my best Dallas sources yesterday who has specific insight on DB play and knows Ishmael’s game well.
- Ishmael is long, athletic, physical, and has ability to be drafted in the first three rounds
- He lacks skill and for that reason, if he goes to a school that continually rotates early draft picks he could get lost in the shuffle while he’s developing. He has to pick a school with a track record for development
- Source said a school like Washington is perfect for him because they develop DB’s
- Guys like Ibraheem would be wasted at Texas under the previous DB coaches, he doesn’t have an opinion on the new coaches. Said UT DB play was very difficult to watch the last few years. “The guys who did well came in with skill already — Holton Hill and Caden Sterns. I loved Brandon Jones in high school but he wasn’t the player he could have been. He’s going to be a better pro, watch.”
- The new coaches have plenty of talent to work with. “We’re going to find out real quick if these guys can coach. If those DB’s don’t come on quickly they probably have the wrong guys again.”