Welcome to the HornSports Forum

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Texas Longhorns message board community.

SignUp Now!

Search results

  1. hookemhorb

    GAME WEEK – Texas vs ou!

    I'm not going to dispute that 0uSux secondary isn't any good, but have you seen who they played. 2 patsies, Michigan with an underwhelming Underwood and Georgia. Now granted Stockton didn't have a great game but he didn't have to. With that said, what I've seen is that Texas' receivers have a...
  2. hookemhorb

    GAME WEEK – Texas vs ou!

    Put pressure on Mateer and we will get a pick or two. Not sure if we will have a pick 6 or not.
  3. hookemhorb

    Common Man Predictions – Week 6

    Florida State at Louisville - Louisville has been up and down this year. Florida State is average at best. Both teams run the ball and their QBs aren't afraid to tuck and run. But the Seminoles QB has a tendency to throw the ball to the other team. I'm going to take the Cardinals in this close...
  4. hookemhorb

    BYE WEEK – The Longhorns Clean Up The Mistakes

    For me, the celebrations are a little overkill. Like 1st downs...isn't that the goal of all plays to get a first down? What is it the first time you've done something, let's celebrate. We need to clean up the penalties, On offense, they are killing drives. On defense, they are giving extra...
  5. hookemhorb

    Common Man Predictions – Week 5

    #7 Alabama at #16 Mississippi State - Is Miss St. for real? I don't think so and Bama is going to show them just how far they have to become a legitimate top 20 team. #5 Ohio State at #14 Iowa - I think this game could be closer than most think. Unless OSU has problems, they should be able to...
  6. hookemhorb

    The SEC thread

    I agree. We have a defense that can take us to the title game and win it. Our offense might be an offense of a top 25 team. It's still early in the season. We just need to get better and better so that we peak in the playoffs.
  7. hookemhorb

    The SEC thread

    ND #2? Who have they played. They beat Purdue who will be lucky if they win 2 games this year. So far any of their opponents would love to be bowl eligible at the end of the season. Sure put them in the top 10 but #2? I do agree with Ga being #1. I'd put Florida ahead of Ohio State.
  8. hookemhorb

    GAME WEEK – #1 Texas at #13 Tennessee

    Until the committee really takes SoS into their decision, W-L is all that counts. That's why Tech will get in again.
  9. hookemhorb

    GAME WEEK – #1 Texas at #13 Tennessee

    I agree. This is not the run game of a championship team.
  10. hookemhorb

    Common Man Predictions – Week 4

    #4 Ole Miss at #21 Florida - Is Florida for real? They gave up a ton of points to Auburn. Ole Miss eeked out a win against LSU. We're going to see who is for real. Florida is favored, but I'm picking the Rebels. Oklahoma at #2 Georgia - 0uSux offense really sucks. Georgia will wear down the...
  11. hookemhorb

    *****GAME THREAD: No.1 Ohio State Buckeyes @ No. 4 Texas Longhorns*****

    They can like it all they want, but until they can beat them...they're just another brick in the wall.
  12. hookemhorb

    Athletes Receiving Threats from Bettors

    Exactly. Too many people trying to do a yolo bet with money they can't afford to lose. And now you can bet on just about any part of a game.
  13. hookemhorb

    Common Man Predictions – Week 3

    #22 Houston vs #13 Texas Tech - this is probably the toughest team Tech will play this year. Both teams played Oregon State and won with similar scores. I did catch some of the Houston-Oregon State game and was not impressed with Houston. I would love to see Houston upset Tech in Lubbock but I...
  14. hookemhorb

    How hot is Dabo's seat?

    I'm not so sure about that. A coach who refuses to use the Portal and I'm not sure what his NIL stance or budget is but I got to think there is someone who knows how to use the Portal to win another game or three. Would a coach like Kinne take the job? I'm not saying he is a better coach, but he...
  15. hookemhorb

    Non-SEC Football

    He won't be around at the end of the season. They'll start a GoFundMe to fire him.
  16. hookemhorb

    How hot is Dabo's seat?

    Swinney is a dead man walking. It's just a matter of when. When will the rich alumni pool the money together for his buyout. When will the blow outs be enough is enough. He may survive this year because of the size of his buyout but unless he gets with the times, he is done in major college...
  17. hookemhorb

    Common Man Predictions – Week 2

    Arizona State at #8 Texas A&M - aggies continue to tune up for their season. This team is a little tougher competition but the results should be the same. #10 Okahoma at #16 Michigan - Michigan needs to get it's act together. Western Michigan took them to the wire and should have upset the...
  18. hookemhorb

    Non-SEC Football

    #5 - Ohio State vs Wisky on 10/17?!? That should be Indiana. Did anyone review this?
  19. hookemhorb

    Common Man Predictions – Week 1

    Georgia Tech at Colorado - I think it's Colorado at GT. GT in the post Haynes King era without an experienced QB. It's going to be a rough year for them. Luckily, the Buff's don't have an experienced QB either. Colorado is also lacking a proven run game. I'm going with GT in a "defensive" game...
Back
Top Bottom