Anyone have any suggestions on getting tickets for the Georgia game?

dssl

Jul 22, 2021
I understand that the tickets haven't officially gone on sale. I did notice you can get tickets already on the secondary market, I assume from people who plan on renewing season tickets, maybe held by brokers. Prices start at $375.

My wife has a couple of cousins that are big Georgia fans. We root for Georgia, and they root Texas. They are the sons of my wife's aunt who was killed when they were 1&3. My wife was 8 at the time and lived with them and called the aunt mom. At any rate we are excited to have them coming to visit us in Austin for the game.

My wife is now anxious to get tickets. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best approach?

Also we have a motorhome, but have never used it to tailgate. Sounds like 51st is the only option our search uncovered. Has anyone done that? Are there any other options for RVs?

TIA.

Reactions: Sirhornsalot
I understand that the tickets haven't officially gone on sale. I did notice you can get tickets already on the secondary market, I assume from people who plan on renewing season tickets, maybe held by brokers. Prices start at $375.

My wife has a couple of cousins that are big Georgia fans. We root for Georgia, and they root Texas. They are the sons of my wife's aunt who was killed when they were 1&3. My wife was 8 at the time and lived with them and called the aunt mom. At any rate we are excited to have them coming to visit us in Austin for the game.

My wife is now anxious to get tickets. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best approach?

Also we have a motorhome, but have never used it to tailgate. Sounds like 51st is the only option our search uncovered. Has anyone done that? Are there any other options for RVs?

TIA.
Unless I have a friend with tickets he's not going to use... I usually go the "Stub-hub" route. If I want to go bad enough (like Texas OU) I just bite the bullet and pay out the nose. I've also purchased from "street venders." I hear that if you wait until right after kickoff, prices drop dramatically? I don't know for sure because, again, I pay out the nose because I want to get in the game. There's a chance of purchasing a counterfeit via this method.

Sorry.... I know I'm not much help.

Reactions: dssl
Unless I have a friend with tickets he's not going to use... I usually go the "Stub-hub" route. If I want to go bad enough (like Texas OU) I just bite the bullet and pay out the nose. I've also purchased from "street venders." I hear that if you wait until right after kickoff, prices drop dramatically? I don't know for sure because, again, I pay out the nose because I want to get in the game. There's a chance of purchasing a counterfeit via this method.

Sorry.... I know I'm not much help.

About what I thought, hoping for some magical strategy. I guess the biggest question is when will the advance tickets be at there lowest point, which isn't knowable.

Reactions: 83Dee

TIA.

I have a few friends who are season ticket holders. They sell me tickets when it's a game they can't get to for whatever reason. I get them for about half price. The wife and I have seen numerous games this way.

Make friends with as many season ticket holders as you can. lol However, I'm sure they'd be quite certain to make the Georgia game.

Reactions: dssl
I have a few friends who are season ticket holders. They sell me tickets when it's a game they can't get to for whatever reason. I get them for about half price. The wife and I have seen numerous games this way.

Make friends with as many season ticket holders as you can. lol However, I'm sure they'd be quite certain to make the Georgia game.
Nobody, with a right mind, is going to be selling their Georgia tickets at half price. Be prepared to pay big for them if you get them.

Reactions: Sirhornsalot
You will have to pay big money to get them. Also hotel rooms are pretty booked and high. I booked my hotel months ago.