2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (PORTAL CLOSED)

OTF said the official visit for TCU DT Damonic Williams went as about as well as it could have with everything from the program, culture, Coach Baker's presentation, Texas' need for a DT and Sark.

He should be seeing LSU next and possibly Missouri.

There are two other potential DTs in the portal currently the staff is monitoring.
OTF said the other two DTs are both from Michigan State.

Each player has talked to the Texas staff, but only Barrow has discussed visiting next week.

I hope Texas' portal radar just lit up like a Christmas tree.

He's 5'9. Texas seems to prefer taller corners. Marcus Washington, in the tweet above, would be a more likely candidate.

Was funny to listen to Saban on the broadcast last night admit to tampering. When Quinyon Mitchell from Toledo was picked he said that Mitchell was the top player on their list and they kept trying to get him to transfer there but he'd never hop in the portal though they tried and tried.

NCAA won't do anything but always cool to hear proof of what you've always known.

Reactions: dssl and 63_Texas_1
Was funny to listen to Saban on the broadcast last night admit to tampering. When Quinyon Mitchell from Toledo was picked he said that Mitchell was the top player on their list and they kept trying to get him to transfer there but he'd never hop in the portal though they tried and tried.

NCAA won't do anything but always cool to hear proof of what you've always known.
I'm sure indirect contact is common for all teams. For example, they'll use players to reach out. Or some alum contacts their agent. I'm guessing a good number of the top transfers are a done deal before the player enters the portal. As far as I know, it's all legit as long as there's no direct contact between coaches/staff and player/agent.

I'm sure indirect contact is common for all teams. For example, they'll use players to reach out. Or some alum contacts their agent. I'm guessing a good number of the top transfers are a done deal before the player enters the portal. As far as I know, it's all legit as long as there's no direct contact between coaches/staff and player/agent.

If that's true, then the rules are useless, and they may as well allow direct contact, since from a practical perspective there is little difference.

Reactions: 63_Texas_1
52 Tackles, 2 INT, 12 PD, & 1 Fumble Recovery in 2023 as a freshman on a good P5 team. I don't care if he's 5'5" 150.
Okay, where's the next Diggs? I haven't seen one since he left.

It doesn't matter what you and I care about. The staff does what they want to do. I don't think they listen to us much.

Ok, I'm ready for one more DL and a CB to feel comfortable with those positions heading into fall camp. What is the latest on Damonic and the CB from Arizona?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunkist