2025 Recruiting Board/Thread

Gerry Hamilton of OTF released his "best case scenario class of 25" a day or so ago. It is a free site so I assume it's okay to repost here.

Quarterback (1)

K.J. Lacey
, Saraland (Ala.) High #AllGasNoBrakes
Recruiting Ranking: OnTexasFootball 4-star
The competition: Ole Miss and Auburn

Running back (1-2)

Jordon Davison
, RB, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei
The competition: Ohio State, Alabama and Oregon

Rickey Stewart, RB, Tyler (Texas) Chapel Hill
The competition: Baylor, SMU and Oklahoma State

Wide receiver (3-4)

Dakorien Moore,
Duncanville (Texas) High - *LSU commit
Recruiting Ranking:
OnTexasFootball 5-star
Note: Texas will recruit the LSU pledge #throughthewhistle.

Kelshaun Johnson, WR, Hitchcock (Texas) High
The competition: USC, Texas Tech and Texas A&M

Kaliq Lockett, WR, Sachse (Texas) High
The competition: LSU, USC, Ohio State and Texas A&M

Jaime Ffrench, WR, Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin
The competition: Ohio State, Florida State, Miami and Alabama

Tight end (2)

Nick Townsend
, TE, Spring (Texas) Dekaney
The competition: Texas A&M, USC, Arizona State and Notre Dame

Emaree Winston, TE, Calhoun (Ga.) High #AllGasNoBrakes

Offensive line (5)

Michael Fasusi
, OT, Lewisville (Texas) High
Recruiting Ranking: OnTexasFootball 5-star
The competition: Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Oregon and Missouri

Jonte Newman, OT, Cypress (Texas) Bridgeland
The competition: Texas A&M, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ole Miss and Mississippi State

Tyler Thomas, IOL, Dickinson (Texas) High
Recruiting Ranking: OnTexasFootball 3-star
The competition: Texas A&M and LSU

John Mills, IOL, San Francisco (Calif.) St. Ignatius
The competition: Washington, Michigan and Florida

Jackson Christian, IOL, Port Niches (Texas) PN-G
The competition: Texas A&M

Defensive line (4)

Brandon Brown,
DL, Melbourne (Fla.) Eau Gallie #AllGasNoBrakes
The competition: USC, Florida, Alabama, Miami and Tennessee

Zion Williams, DL, Lufkin (Texas) high
The competition: LSU, Texas A&M and TCU

Josiah Sharma, DL, Folsom (Calif.) Folsom
The competition: Alabama, Oregon and Utah

Chace Sims, DL, Richmond (Texas) Randle
The competition: Texas A&M, LSU, TCU and SMU

EDGE (2-3)

Lance Jackson
, Texarkana (Texas) Pleasant Grove #AllGasNoBrakes
The competition: MLB Draft 2025

Damien Shanklin, Indianapolis (In.) Warren Central
The competition: Notre Dame and Tennessee

Linebacker (3-4)

Riley Pettijohn
, McKinney (Texas) High
The competition: USC, Ohio State, Florida State, Auburn and Texas A&M

Elijah Barnes, Dallas (Texas) Skyline
The competition: Florida State, Nebraska, Ohio State and Texas A&M

Anthony Williams, Pearland (Texas) Shadow Creek #AllGasNoBrakes
Recruiting Ranking: OnTexasFootball 3-star

Matai Tagoa'i, San Clemente (Calif.) High
The competition: Washington, Utah, USC and Oregon

Defensive back (3-4)

Dorian Brew
, CB, Conroe (Texas) High
The competition: LSU, Ohio State, USC, Michigan and Texas A&M

Kade Phillips, S, Missouri City (Texas) Hightower
The competition: LSU and Texas A&M

Jonah Williams, S, Galveston (Texas) Ball High
The competition: Oklahoma, LSU, Ohio State and Texas A&M

Cobey Sellers, CB, Pearland (Texas) Shadow Creek
The competition: Oklahoma and Texas A&M

Adonyss Currie, CB, Lancaster (Calif.) Quartz Hill
The competition: Washington, Utah, Miami, Texas A&M and Oregon.

https://fanrecap.com/texas-longhorn...9UM_PVqeWSOesKsamm9JSjLzJq1Pc#google_vignette

Texas Longhorns on the Brink of Landing Michael Fasusi, Five-Star Offensive Titan, Bolstering Elite Lineup

The Texas Longhorns are on the brink of securing a future star to bolster their offensive line, potentially adding to a series of high-caliber recruits who have pledged their allegiance to the burnt orange and white. If whispers around the college football scene hold any truth, Michael Fasusi, a five-star offensive lineman whose agility and power have turned heads nationwide, might soon commit to Texas, sparking excitement and high hopes among fans and coaching staff alike.

Currently, Fasusi shines brightly as the No. 11 player in the nation, ranking as the second-best offensive tackle and the third most promising talent out of Texas for the 2025 recruiting class. His impressive skills on the field have not only endeared him to scouts across the country but have also marked him as a top 10 player to watch. This particular designation underscores the high expectations and potential that Fasusi brings to the table, positioning him as a game-changer in any team’s lineup.

The Longhorns, under the guidance of head coach Steve Sarkisian and offensive line coach Kyle Flood, have cultivated a reputation for attracting and developing top-tier offensive line talent. This trend appears to continue unabated with the potential addition of Fasusi. According to On3’s recruiting prediction machine, Texas currently holds an 86.1% probability of landing Fasusi – a statistic that, while not definitive, highlights the Longhorns as the clear frontrunners in the race for his commitment.

Since Sarkisian and Flood took the reins, Texas has seen a notable uptick in its offensive line recruiting success. The possible acquisition of Fasusi would not only maintain but potentially elevate this trend, signaling Texas’s commitment to building a formidable front that can dominate the field. This strategy of strengthening the offensive line has been a crucial component of Sarkisian’s vision for the Longhorns, aiming to create a team that can compete at the highest levels of college football.

Should Fasusi decide to don the Texas jersey, he would join a distinguished group of linemen who have recently made Texas their collegiate home. Notable names include Kelvin Banks, Devon Campbell Jr., and Brandon Baker – each of whom was highly regarded coming out of high school and is expected to make significant impacts during their tenure at Texas. Fasusi’s addition to this elite group could not only solidify the Longhorns’ offensive line for years to come but also send a strong message to competitors about Texas’s seriousness in its pursuit of championship glory.

In sum, the potential commitment of Michael Fasusi to the Texas Longhorns holds more than just the promise of adding another highly talented player to their roster. It represents an ongoing commitment to excellence and a strategic building of a team poised to challenge at the highest echelons of college football. For Longhorns fans, the prospect of securing Fasusi’s commitment is a hopeful glimpse into a future filled with powerful drives, steadfast protection, and, ultimately, triumphs on the collegiate gridiron.

https://fanrecap.com/texas-longhorn...9UM_PVqeWSOesKsamm9JSjLzJq1Pc#google_vignette

Texas Longhorns on the Brink of Landing Michael Fasusi, Five-Star Offensive Titan, Bolstering Elite Lineup

The Texas Longhorns are on the brink of securing a future star to bolster their offensive line, potentially adding to a series of high-caliber recruits who have pledged their allegiance to the burnt orange and white. If whispers around the college football scene hold any truth, Michael Fasusi, a five-star offensive lineman whose agility and power have turned heads nationwide, might soon commit to Texas, sparking excitement and high hopes among fans and coaching staff alike.

Currently, Fasusi shines brightly as the No. 11 player in the nation, ranking as the second-best offensive tackle and the third most promising talent out of Texas for the 2025 recruiting class. His impressive skills on the field have not only endeared him to scouts across the country but have also marked him as a top 10 player to watch. This particular designation underscores the high expectations and potential that Fasusi brings to the table, positioning him as a game-changer in any team’s lineup.

The Longhorns, under the guidance of head coach Steve Sarkisian and offensive line coach Kyle Flood, have cultivated a reputation for attracting and developing top-tier offensive line talent. This trend appears to continue unabated with the potential addition of Fasusi. According to On3’s recruiting prediction machine, Texas currently holds an 86.1% probability of landing Fasusi – a statistic that, while not definitive, highlights the Longhorns as the clear frontrunners in the race for his commitment.

Since Sarkisian and Flood took the reins, Texas has seen a notable uptick in its offensive line recruiting success. The possible acquisition of Fasusi would not only maintain but potentially elevate this trend, signaling Texas’s commitment to building a formidable front that can dominate the field. This strategy of strengthening the offensive line has been a crucial component of Sarkisian’s vision for the Longhorns, aiming to create a team that can compete at the highest levels of college football.

Should Fasusi decide to don the Texas jersey, he would join a distinguished group of linemen who have recently made Texas their collegiate home. Notable names include Kelvin Banks, Devon Campbell Jr., and Brandon Baker – each of whom was highly regarded coming out of high school and is expected to make significant impacts during their tenure at Texas. Fasusi’s addition to this elite group could not only solidify the Longhorns’ offensive line for years to come but also send a strong message to competitors about Texas’s seriousness in its pursuit of championship glory.

In sum, the potential commitment of Michael Fasusi to the Texas Longhorns holds more than just the promise of adding another highly talented player to their roster. It represents an ongoing commitment to excellence and a strategic building of a team poised to challenge at the highest echelons of college football. For Longhorns fans, the prospect of securing Fasusi’s commitment is a hopeful glimpse into a future filled with powerful drives, steadfast protection, and, ultimately, triumphs on the collegiate gridiron.
What in the world is Fan Recap?

Large yes, but can someone explain why we are recruiting more rated in 80's than 90's? Is it we re prioritizing Offense more since Sark is more known for offense? Please don't say they are all under rated.
This was very much our MO under Bo Davis, one I was hoping would not continue with Baker. I know we want to believe that our staff has these guys higher on their board than the 5* guys, but from what I’ve seen under Sark is the 5* guys make an immediate impact while we’re still waiting for the lower rated guys to break into the rotation (with a couple of exceptions, Burke and Hutson). Seems to me like we’re just not winning with the big names on the DL, and that’s going to need to change if we’re going to compete for titles in the SEC.

Quotes from OL Ty Haywood of Denton Ryan (247):

“They’re pretty high right now,” Haywood told Horns247 of the Longhorns. “Texas is probably one of my top five right now. Coach Flood’s got a lot going on up there at Texas. The O-line he’s got is pretty good. I watched some of his O-line film, whatever he’s got going on down there, it’s working obviously. They made it a pretty good distance in the playoffs and everything. Hopefully I can be a part of that one day.”

“They tell me it’s a great place to be to make some dreams come true,”
Haywood said. “Obviously Ant (Hill) was an All-American as a freshman. He was also good in high school, but to come to college and dominate like that his first year of college is pretty dang good.”

“The program,”
Haywood says of what he likes about Texas. “It’s a high-intensity program. Helps you become one of the best players out there. I’m trying to be one of the best players out there.”

“Academics,”
Haywood said. “After that it’s the football. After that it’d be the coaches. But coaches move on, so keep my academics first. But great relationship with the coaches, my O-line coach, the head coach, my teammates … it doesn’t who we’re playing, we can fight that thing out no matter what, build that brotherhood.”

WR Dakorien Moore of Duncanville on Texas (247):

“I’m definitely trying to get down there,” Moore told Horns247 at the Under Armour Dallas camp on Sunday.

“It’s always love,” Moore said of UT. “They’re always checking in on me, making sure I’m ok, making sure my family’s straight. It’s about life. Every now and then they talk to me about football. But they know I’m a ball player. They know I’m going to come in and handle business. They’re really trying to see who I am outside of football.”

“It was hard not to pay attention to Xavier Worthy,”
Moore said. “That boy went out there and broke the combine record. I’ve been watching him since he was wearing No. 8. I thought he was very explosive. He wasn’t one of the biggest guys, but he was definitely an impact player on their team. I really look up to him. He made a big impact at Texas. He set a standard.”

“Colin (Simmons), Jordon (Johnson-Rubell), all my family from down here, they try to get me to see what Texas is,”
Moore said. “I talk to Johntay (Cook) every now and then. I really have a tight relationship with him.”

“It’s always been home since before me,”
Moore said of what keeps Texas in the conversation, despite his pledge to the Bayou Bengals. “My granny, all them grew up loving Texas. I gave it a chance. My momma really forced me to. I’ll say it was a good thing, though. Once I seen what it was, I started loving it too. They're really family-oriented. I really loved it. On top of that I’m big on relationships, so they really bring it.”

• #HookEm
Reactions: Sunkist and dssl
247 interviewed QB Keelon Russell of Duncanville yesterday:

“It’s very interesting,” Russell told Horns247 of the Longhorns’ communication. “It’s an honor for a coach to take their time out, look at another quarterback when they already got another (quarterback). You’re picking up an apple, you put it back down, you get another apple. It’s a blessing. They said I have a lot of stuff, like character. They want to see me in person a lot. It’s an honor just being to talk to (them) even with them having a commit.”

“It would mean a lot,”
he said of a potential offer from Texas. “Just from the standpoint of them having a commit. Me seeing their facilities, seeing it around. It would mean a lot for sure. Building those relationships, getting that experience from them, getting that development. In my head I could be like the next Quinn Ewers or Arch Manning."

“Texas was one of the dream schools for sure,”
he said. “If I was to stay in Texas I was like oh yeah, I wanna go to UT for sure.”

“I wouldn’t mind it (being in the same class as KJ Lacey) because I love competition,”
Russell said. “I’m a competitive dude.”

“I would say I’m very much exploring still,”
he said. “Still opened up, getting offers. I wouldn’t just say don’t offer me because I'm locked in. I’m still getting offers, still open for recruitment."

OTF saying WR offer Daylan McCutcheon of Lucas Lovejoy will officially visit Texas on June 14th.