**Running College Football Updates Thread**

QB is becoming a mercenary position fueled by impatience. We should feel blessed we have Arch.
Agree. And Arch looked a lot better than I expected when we saw him finally last year. We have two good to excellent QBs, a nice luxury considering we once started a TE at QB.

Reactions: Baron
Agree. And Arch looked a lot better than I expected when we saw him finally last year. We have two good to excellent QBs, a nice luxury considering we once started a TE at QB.
I heard that Swoopes got the nod in recruiting because Mack didn't want to upset his family. The OTF website/forum has the other guys name. One guy that got the shaft playing for Texas was Heard. He had the speed and the tools. Bad coaching was his demise.

Wonder why Ryan Day is on there. He hasn't won a conference title in what? Three years?

I've never thought Kirby Smart was that great of a coach. He's great at recruiting and accumulating talent though.

After reading the article, it's not clear to me that the ACC is open to any negotiation that is likely to end in a deal.

I'm not a lawyer, but it sounds like the ACC was just making a legal argument that the GOR wasn't a punative instrument, because FSU could buy their rights back. I don't see how that implies the ACC is looking to let FSU leave the conference for an amount significantly less then the actual value of their media rights.

Again I'm not a lawyer, only time will tell. I guess the only certainty is that the lawyers will make a bunch of money.

Reactions: Sirhornsalot
Where would they go? I have heard the SEC does not want to expand any further.

That's an open question. I would think the B1G would take them. I think the SEC would also take them, partly to prevent the B1G from having a big football school in the heart of the SEC. Another reason for the SEC to take them is that they wouldn't reduce the SEC per team payout.

All of this assumes that they could get out of their GOR in a way that doesn't leave them too crippled.