Recent content by TXFF

1. T

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)

The long term averages for Fort Collins on Aug 31 are 87 and 59 vs 99 and 76 for Austin. The humidity is about 49% vs 65% for Austin. So, yeah, they'll feel the heat and humidity if it's a typical Austin summer day. Plus, Sark will probably be rotating more players all game so by the 4th quarter...
  2. T

2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (PORTAL CLOSED)

I recall reading that he was overweight for spring practice which indicates a lack of discipline. No idea if that's true or not.
  3. T

Yes, he has stated as much. I suspect a high percentage of the most skilled portal players are looking for the best NIL possible. Period. Sark is smart to recognize that that mentality is short-sighted and contrary to a team first culture. He's looking for the players who see the big...
  4. T

I'm sure indirect contact is common for all teams. For example, they'll use players to reach out. Or some alum contacts their agent. I'm guessing a good number of the top transfers are a done deal before the player enters the portal. As far as I know, it's all legit as long as there's no direct...
  5. T

Dude was the #1 DB recruit in the 2023 class. Certainly worth a look to find out if he's willing to work. Maybe he thought DBs were going to get lots of personal attention from Coach Sanders which perhaps isn't the case considering all of his head coaching responsibilities. Or maybe Colorado is...
  6. T

*****SPRING GAME THREAD*****

I don't read too much into the spring game. On the whole, it looks like we have a deep team with a lot of skill across the board. Should be a fun first season in the SEC.
  7. T

Basketball News/Recruiting Thread

Because he demanded it. Not sure Coach Terry is as hard-nosed as his predecessor. He seems to be more of a players' coach from what I can tell, but it's just an observation. Nothing wrong with being a players' coach as long as you have the right players.
  8. T

Agreed, something does seem to be off. For me, more evidence is that this team was very inconsistent all season. Excellent games were followed by big let downs. Could it be that Coach Terry, like all good coaches, stresses defense first? A lot of players don't buy into that philosophy...
  9. T

As much as I like Coach Terry and think he's a good coach, he doesn't have the skins on the wall that can help attract top talent. Hopefully NIL can close the recruiting gap until he has consistent success as a head coach at UT.
  10. T

Well, they made it interesting in the end. Just too many TOs which should be controllable.
  11. T

Both teams playing good D, but Texas has struggled all season against tough defenses. Lack of rebounding and TOs giving Tennessee too many opportunities.
  12. T

Watched the Tennessee game. The Horns are going to have their hands full. They better shoot much better from outside than they did tonight because they could get destroyed on the boards.
  13. T

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)

X was 5'11" and 165# at the combine. Adding 10# is probably a good idea.
  14. T

I've often wondered how hard a team will play if they're already a lock to get into the Big Dance. One and done in the conference tourney means you get more time to rest and heal and you also reduce the risk of injury. KSU on the other hand, is probably on the bubble and needs a win much worse...