Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
utisdabomb12

Basketball recruiting

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) https://twitter.com/JeffEisenberg/status/592827867198844928" data-datetime="2011-11-07T20:21:07+00:00">November 7, 2011

We open the season with Washington in China. Needless to say, they've had quite the off season.

I guess Jernard wasn't keen on playing a game in China. Boycotting human rights violations, and China's poor policies on export to import ratios with the USA.

Conflicting reports on Tevin Mack. Some are saying he's down to Kansas and Texas. Others are saying he wants to stay close to home and will pick Georgia. He has no official visits left so not sure if he will be able to visit Kansas or Texas. 

Initial reports were that Mack would decide on his birthday (today). I'm not sure what's going down. There's conflicting reports on this now, as some are saying he's no longer deciding on Friday.

If for any reason we cannot use the term 'Havoc' (maybe already decided, I haven't heard), I've wondered if the term 'Stampede' would work.  My preference, though, is Havoc.

just throwing that out there...btw, that video clip of Shaka running drills is awesome.  Looks like the guys are working hard, competing.  It is intense.

I gave the MidlandHSSports guy a shout out on Twitter for being ahead of the game on this Mack recruitment. He DM'ed me and told me that Mack is pretty much a lock to Texas and Georgia isn't in the mix. Take that as you will. FYI MidlandHSSports covers Mack's HS basketball team (they cover that area).

I have watched some of the Mic'd Up Shaka practices, and my description is exciting, competitive, and intense.  The guys get immediate feed-back, and Shaka is Involved and Intense.  A team is a reflection of their head coach, and ours will be exciting, intense, and give 110% buzzer to buzzer.

You can't replace the kind of energy and intensity that Smart brings to the BB team, just as you can't replace the qualities that Strong brings to the FB program.  I'm so glad that we have Smart.  Havoc is just a name coined for a style of play, it's fine with me that VCU keeps it because we have the coach that gave meaning to the name.  Smart is the style of play, and he knows how to bring it on.

Come on down Tevin Mack!  Smart and Texas, a winning combination.

Hook 'em!