Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Godz40acres

Reports coming in that Smart is negotiating

Let's be clear....BON is reporting that HD is reporting that Chip says UT "hopes" to make a deal with Smart.

Brown... Barnes

Strong... Smart

5 letters... 6 letters

6 letters... 5 letters

is there a Theorem at work here?...

after 27 years of the football team being coached by someone with a Mc Mac or Mack in their name Patterson decided to move to bald guys with one syllable last names.

or something like that.

so... revisionist bulletin board games ... ( play on 'bulletin board' and 'board game' ) ... Chipster is standby mode on the phone with the guys at 104.9 FM (Buck & Erin) if anything more materializes before 7pm CDT when these two go off the air

Beating the hell out of semantics here

In the current age of news where credibility only seems to be gained by those that break news, semantics and wordsmithing are very important. If I say I'm hoping to do something, I'm correct no matter which alternative happens.

I'm not saying that's what Chip is doing, but I do know that there are too many reporters that pay close attention to how things are worded.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

Franchise Quest

• Latest Posts

•   Harrison come on now. Let’s not act like top programs don’t pay high school kids under the table whether it’s cash or cars. Alabama is notorious for that. 
    • PG is not going to be the fastest team.  They have beat teams that were overall faster than them.....AR High, LE, and Atlanta are a few. However, they have bought in to the system and play as a team really well. They do not make a lot of mistakes.  The key to their success is their line play. They have dominated both sides of the line throughout the season.  In addition, they are a Senior lead team with several kids getting the chance to play at the next level. The only D1 football recruit is Xavier Benson. He has committed to Texas Tech as a LB.  WR Carson Cox has committed to play baseball at Wichita State. The other 5 to 6 players have been offered by several D2 schools.  The best lineman is #77 Nick Gavriel. His Hudl highlights are worth checking out. If he was 3 to 4 inches taller, he would be getting visits from D1 schools.  One name to watch over the next upcoming seasons is #40 DE Landon Jackson. He is a 6'6" Freshman and has started at DE all season. He leads the team in sacks and has a high motor. He possibly could outgrow football because his Dad is 6'10" and has played some pro basketball in Europe .  The kid is a great athlete. Interesting note:  If PG wins Friday, then the three Texarkana, Texas high schools (Liberty Eylau and Texas High) would have each won a state championship in football and baseball. In addition, Texarkana AR High has also won a state championship in football and baseball as well. There are not very many places with a population of less than 70,000, that can make that claim. 
    • He previously committed to Arkansas so I don’t get what you mean. He’s an elite talent being courted by elite programs and doesn’t mind going away from home. Seems to like the idea of playing in the SEC. 
    •   No, Daingerfield. Still holds the national record for shutouts in a year (14) and 0 points allowed to teams in the same classification in a state championship run, 16 game season.