Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
lakeman74

Oh Aggy.

There is a kid in one of my classes (first clue:  student struggles mightily) that makes fun of the Longhorns.  Thinks Ags are all that.  Tried pulling the Ags are superior stuff with me today (you know, women know nothing about sports, right?).  I asked him how many times Ags have been to CWS in last 10 years, how many times Longhorns have been, and if they were eliminated from playoffs last year and by whom.  Last question was how many times each have won it all since 2000.

I know, it's a cold, cruel world, but really, school is almost out and sometimes these guys have to learn their place.  His first response was a question.  What is the CWS?  Some baseball players in class first shook their heads, told him to stop making them look bad, and finally groaned it was the 'College World Series'.  

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:  With students I'm normally very encouraging - just want them to go to college, but this kid really needs a wake up call.  He's smart enough, but he is so lazy that he will never get to college unless something changes.  He doesn't do a thing, copies others, tries to leave class all of the time, and just randomly marks up tests, whether it is multiple choice or not.  His parents are enablers.

Entitlement is the enemy of success.  I see it every day. 

For a while I wondered if aggie insiders had an eye on Briles to replace Sumlin, who I think simply cannot last at the job.

But lately if I had to go deeper-level crystal ball... how about Tom Herman at UH.

Admittedy it is yet another UH pipeine, but it could make sense.

A&M is not going to win or develop unless they change the entire mindset there and the modality of the football program.

Herman just got a verbal from a top O-Line commit and has a significant hire of a Houston-area high school coach.

He's from Ohio (native) but has Texas coaching roots (GA at Texas '99-'00), plus SHST, Rice, Texas State, then Iowa State and 2-3 seasons with Urban Meyer.

If he puts together a tough-minded offensive team that is part of a very complete team and makes Houston-area recruiting difficult for others, would not put it past some powerful aggie string-pullers to decide that''s the direction for A&M. Not what Briles has going, but something more foundational.

Those losses llisted up there were to teams that play 60 minutes to pound you into submission. Only a heady Manziel for one season was able to overcome that. And only did it once and could not repeat.

For a while I wondered if aggie insiders had an eye on Briles to replace Sumlin, who I think simply cannot last at the job.

But lately if I had to go deeper-level crystal ball... how about Tom Herman at UH.

Admittedy it is yet another UH pipeine, but it could make sense.

A&M is not going to win or develop unless they change the entire mindset there and the modality of the football program.

Herman just got a verbal from a top O-Line commit and has a significant hire of a Houston-area high school coach.

He's from Ohio (native) but has Texas coaching roots (GA at Texas '99-'00), plus SHST, Rice, Texas State, then Iowa State and 2-3 seasons with Urban Meyer.

If he puts together a tough-minded offensive team that is part of a very complete team and makes Houston-area recruiting difficult for others, would not put it past some powerful aggie string-pullers to decide that''s the direction for A&M. Not what Briles has going, but something more foundational.

Those losses llisted up there were to teams that play 60 minutes to pound you into submission. Only a heady Manziel for one season was able to overcome that. And only did it once and could not repeat.

I figure if Sumlin coaches at A&M for a couple of more years, then Tom Herman and Chad Morris would be the favorite for the aggie job depending how they do at UH and SMU.

There was a post (on this or maybe the SEC thread) some days back about aggie being on "real tv" vs. Horns on something else.

Friday night (5/29) at 7pm, Texas A&M plays Texas Southern in an opening round game, but I'm having trouble finding the real tv station that is being televised on.

SEC Network (611 on DirecTV) has LSU vs. Leigh from 3-6pm, followed by Florida vs. Florida A&M.

Scanning the ESPN Channels I cannot find the A&M game. Not at 7pm, maybe into the night as a replay game.

There's "Bases Loaded" coverage on ESPNU at 7pm, for 'best action across all 16 Regional sites.'

I see no other NCAA games going on at that time on an ESPN channel where I would expect to find the game.

And as mention, the SEC Network is all tied up with their top teams, LSU and Florida.

Aggie game not on FS1 (fox) or the CBS sports channel. I guess no need to track down a Fox Sports Southwest channel.

What else is there? Help me out finding that real station, maybe it's not on DirecTV.

Is there some other 'real television' network I need to locate to find the nationally televised aggie game, May 29 at 7pm?

Horns are on at 7pm, same time, on the University's own national television network, an ESPN sponsored network aired on DirecTV Ch. 677.

Check your carrier's listing for your channel designation.

Hook'em !!!

Friday night (5/29) at 7pm, Texas A&M plays Texas Southern in an opening round game, but I'm having trouble finding the real tv station that is being televised on.

SEC Network (611 on DirecTV) has LSU vs. Leigh from 3-6pm, followed by Florida vs. Florida A&M.

Hook'em !!!

Silly, non-aggy. Don't you know that when any secsecsec team is on TV, it's the same as aggy being on?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32014-1367876362-0.

I'm obviously not a Johnny 3nOut fan, but heckling him at a golf tournament is classless. Of course, he could've notified law enforcement or a BNC volunteer to have the knucklehead removed. No surprise that the water bottle missed its target.

Just sayin'

I've spent a lot of time inside the ropes. A lot.

I've been called many things, many much worse than whatever he was called. I've had water bottles thrown at me. I've had other things thrown at me while I was "inside" the ropes. It was all part of the job. Actually a part I Hated, setting up right in front of people that had paid good money for tickets or just worked hard to get good green side seats.

I never, never, not once, not for a second thought of retalliating or responding in any way other than a few times I pointed out the offender when something was thrown that could have actually hit someone other than me.

Am I a saint, no far from it. But I also new that I wanted to be recognize as someone to be looked to as a mentor etc. I also recognize my greatest opportunity to get fired, branded trouble or just be looked at as not a responsible cameraman was to respond IN ANY FASHION!

No, the fact that he thinks he can earn the millions he is paid and act like a punk and still be able to be treated as a conquering hero, tells me all I need to know about the guy. To those much is given, much is expected.

BTW,I did not give myself the nickname, Shevis Irons. But I wear it with honor.

I'm obviously not a Johnny 3nOut fan, but heckling him at a golf tournament is classless. Of course, he could've notified law enforcement or a BNC volunteer to have the knucklehead removed. No surprise that the water bottle missed its target.

Just sayin'

My first thought after reading Johnny missed him with the water bottle. He throws a water bottle with the same accuracy as a football.

"It is why Johnny Manziel – tortured enough by his own personal recovery from an unspecified substance abuse problem – is a fish out of water in his second season with the Browns," Grossi writes.

"It" in this instance is what the Browns want from their quarterback in 2015. They do not want a flashy young man who can improvise and wow the crowd with athleticism. They want a game manager.

Guess who that doesn't fit.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25200967/report-johnny-manziel-a-fish-out-of-water-browns-could-be-moving-on

I've spent a lot of time inside the ropes. A lot.

I've been called many things, many much worse than whatever he was called. I've had water bottles thrown at me. I've had other things thrown at me while I was "inside" the ropes. It was all part of the job. Actually a part I Hated, setting up right in front of people that had paid good money for tickets or just worked hard to get good green side seats.

I never, never, not once, not for a second thought of retalliating or responding in any way other than a few times I pointed out the offender when something was thrown that could have actually hit someone other than me.

Am I a saint, no far from it. But I also new that I wanted to be recognize as someone to be looked to as a mentor etc. I also recognize my greatest opportunity to get fired, branded trouble or just be looked at as not a responsible cameraman was to respond IN ANY FASHION!

No, the fact that he thinks he can earn the millions he is paid and act like a punk and still be able to be treated as a conquering hero, tells me all I need to know about the guy. To those much is given, much is expected.

BTW,I did not give myself the nickname, Shevis Irons. But I wear it with honor.

As the man said "You cannot make chicken salad out of chicken ***t" and a punk will still be a punk.

And those that support him, knowing he is a punk, are as much of one as he is.

I would say the same had he played for UT and I'm betting our own ag's, Mike and Joe, agree with me as well.

I'm not.

aggies have no shame and very little class. Their inferiority complex is so deeply ingrained they can't get away from the burnt orange yardstick. It's pathetic

The sad thing is aggies actually pay for recruiting info from a guy like Mark Passwaters. 

I'm not.

aggies have no shame and very little class. Their inferiority complex is so deeply ingrained they can't get away from the burnt orange yardstick. It's pathetic

JB, with all due respect I disagree.

aggys have a GREAT deal of class, unfortunately it is all LOW.

Big surprise an aggie with a farting problem. This having to pay a fee for farting really stinks.

Broncos players impose 'fart tax' for flatulence during meetings, Von Miller says

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/06/broncos-players-impose-fart-tax-for-flatulence-during-meetings-von-miller-says-114531.html#ixzz3cCpEkvvg

Big surprise an aggie with a farting problem. This having to pay a fee for farting really stinks.

Broncos players impose 'fart tax' for flatulence during meetings, Von Miller says

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/06/broncos-players-impose-fart-tax-for-flatulence-during-meetings-von-miller-says-114531.html#ixzz3cCpEkvvg

Ever listen to or watch the Paul Finebaum Show?

While he is a piece of work in his own right, some of his callers are absolutely amazing.  

It is at that moment, when one of the stunningly whacked callers is on the line that the whole aggy meme of finding "a better cultural fit" in the SEC makes sense.