#121 doc longhorn

doc longhorn

V.I.P.

• Premium Members
  • 2,565 posts
  • LocationKaty, Texas
  • Longhorns

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

RD and echeese - there is no doubt you are both intelligent men and adamant about your opinions.

However, is the need to be right on a message board really that important to you?  I can see you both are madder than hell, but you both have forgotten one little thing that you both have in common..

You both are Longhorn lovers and your vitriol is better served being aimed at OU and aggy.  Just give Joe some slack - he appears to be really good people, even for an aggie. :) 

#122 Randolph Duke

Randolph Duke

THE DUKE

• Premium Members
  • 2,452 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:25 PM

RD and echeese - there is no doubt you are both intelligent men and adamant about your opinions.

However, is the need to be right on a message board really that important to you?  I can see you both are madder than hell, but you both have forgotten one little thing that you both have in common..

You both are Longhorn lovers and your vitriol is better served being aimed at OU and aggy.  Just give Joe some slack - he appears to be really good people, even for an aggie. :)

There is no excuse for echeese knowingly making false accusations of illegal activity against the UT president. The guy simply doesn't deserve to be treated like that on a UT message board (or anywhere else). When people falsely attack the integrity of someone who served the university well, it is the obligation of alumni aware of the situation to set the record straight. 

I have no idea why echeese decided to falsely attack Bill Powers, but he didn't deserve to be falsely accused of illegal activities. The lack of any evidence of illegal activities isn't an opinion. It is fact. That an alumnus knowingly made such false allegations is reprehensible. It deserves to be publicly ridiculed. 

#123 Agmaniacmike

Agmaniacmike

Veteran

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

RD is butthurt again about a supposed misrepresentation of facts. Tons of irony in RD's stance (Patterson, etc.).

#124 texasdobbs

texasdobbs

#Hookem

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationFort Worth
  • Longhorns

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

RD is butthurt again about a supposed misrepresentation of facts. Tons of irony in RD's stance (Patterson, etc.).

I don't agree with Duke most of the time, but I find it ironic that an aggie would be talking about misrepresentation of facts.... #12thmanlie
  • HornNdriftwood, streettopeschel and doc longhorn like this
<p>Follow me on Twitter: @texasdobbs

#125 Randolph Duke

Randolph Duke

THE DUKE

• Premium Members
  • 2,452 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

Where do you want to start? Maybe the fairy tale "12th Man" story? The claim AMC was established before UT? You tell me. Where do you want to start with a discussion about the misrepresentation of facts? In certain stations of Texas it's a "tradition."

• texasdobbs and streettopeschel like this

#126 Bear19

Bear19

Under Contract

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:27 PM

I would prefer to not have an aggy involved in this discussion at all. Or even on this board preferably.
  • HornNdriftwood likes this

#127 streettopeschel

streettopeschel

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

shouldn't you and your people be claiming more Nattys from WWI?

#128 Bear19

Bear19

Under Contract

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

Tons of irony when any aggy preaches to others about right and wrong.
  • streettopeschel likes this

#129 Agmaniacmike

Agmaniacmike

Veteran

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:22 PM

Where do you want to start? Maybe the fairy tale "12th Man" story? The claim AMC was established before UT? You tell me. Where do you want to start with a discussion about the misrepresentation of facts? In certain stations of Texas it's a "tradition."

You will find very few people care whether any of this is true or false. I personally could care less about menial misrepresentation of facts from 100 years ago and find your crusade to figure out the "truth" about these happenings as absurd for a grown man with any semblance of a happy, healthy life. Your behavior towards others is obsessive in ways I hope I never have to understand. By all means though, keep on fighting the Internet good fight against rival traditions if that truly gives you a sense of personal worth. However, just to elaborate on my drive-by insult, it seems you take stances on subjects early on without substantive fact, and pontificate based off of these assumptions. For instance, your Patterson hate has had little foundation to go off of. Your blind loyalty in most cases excludes you, in my mind, from being allowed to point fingers at others for twisting the story a hair. You have been pro-Powers for quite a while, so it seems Powers isn't allowed to be ridiculed in your eyes, despite you making baseless arguments against others in the past without any issue. Ya'll have a good one and a fun debate, I'm not touching this any further, as I'm sure the same stuff has happened under Gates and Loftin as well at my beloved university and I genuinely don't know how to feel about that.

#130 Bear19

Bear19

Under Contract

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:33 PM

"Y'all have a good one and a fun debate. I'm not touching this any further"

Promise?
Good riddance.

#131 Agamemnon

Agamemnon

Rookie

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:55 AM

wait, there's an aggy on the board? why?

#132 Randolph Duke

Randolph Duke

THE DUKE

• Premium Members
  • 2,452 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

You will find very few people care whether any of this is true or false. I personally could care less about menial misrepresentation of facts from 100 years ago and find your crusade to figure out the "truth" about these happenings as absurd for a grown man with any semblance of a happy, healthy life. Your behavior towards others is obsessive in ways I hope I never have to understand. By all means though, keep on fighting the Internet good fight against rival traditions if that truly gives you a sense of personal worth. However, just to elaborate on my drive-by insult, it seems you take stances on subjects early on without substantive fact, and pontificate based off of these assumptions. For instance, your Patterson hate has had little foundation to go off of. Your blind loyalty in most cases excludes you, in my mind, from being allowed to point fingers at others for twisting the story a hair. You have been pro-Powers for quite a while, so it seems Powers isn't allowed to be ridiculed in your eyes, despite you making baseless arguments against others in the past without any issue. Ya'll have a good one and a fun debate, I'm not touching this any further, as I'm sure the same stuff has happened under Gates and Loftin as well at my beloved university and I genuinely don't know how to feel about that.

When your university threatens legal action against a double amputee for allegedly infringing against a trademark that was seemingly fraudulently obtained (if you don't understand that reference, google "Chuckie Sonntag"), it surpasses any "menial misrepresentation of facts." Obviously a lot of aggys care, if you dont. Facts may not matter in the culture of TAMU, but to others, facts matter. 

While we are on the subject of facts, I do not hate Steve Patterson. I do not even know him. I simply believe it has become obvious he is not the right man for the job of AD at the University of Texas. He seems to be a competent facilities guy, but not competent at financial management or marketing. If you think my beliefs concerning Steve Patterson have "little foundation to go off of" I would merely respond "$240,000 per athlete in operating expenses for Bellmont and jetpack." 

As for your assertion I seemingly "take stances on subjects early on without substantive fact, and pontificate based off of these assumptions" please elaborate. I honestly have no idea what you are referring to. 

I have no blind loyalties. Not toward UT, Bill Powers, or any other entity of living person. My defense of Bill Powers is based on my belief that unfounded character assassinations of individuals are despicable. Any alumnus of the university who takes to a UT message board to baselessly accuses a university official of illegal activity deserves to be called out.That isn't "blind loyalty." That is questioning another's lack of integrity. 

So, point out my alleged instances of "taking stances on subjects early on without substantive fact, and pontificate based off of those assumptions" and aggy on, my friend. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users