Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Juan

Powers rumor

Where do you want to start? Maybe the fairy tale "12th Man" story? The claim AMC was established before UT? You tell me. Where do you want to start with a discussion about the misrepresentation of facts? In certain stations of Texas it's a "tradition."

You will find very few people care whether any of this is true or false. I personally could care less about menial misrepresentation of facts from 100 years ago and find your crusade to figure out the "truth" about these happenings as absurd for a grown man with any semblance of a happy, healthy life. Your behavior towards others is obsessive in ways I hope I never have to understand. By all means though, keep on fighting the Internet good fight against rival traditions if that truly gives you a sense of personal worth. However, just to elaborate on my drive-by insult, it seems you take stances on subjects early on without substantive fact, and pontificate based off of these assumptions. For instance, your Patterson hate has had little foundation to go off of. Your blind loyalty in most cases excludes you, in my mind, from being allowed to point fingers at others for twisting the story a hair. You have been pro-Powers for quite a while, so it seems Powers isn't allowed to be ridiculed in your eyes, despite you making baseless arguments against others in the past without any issue. Ya'll have a good one and a fun debate, I'm not touching this any further, as I'm sure the same stuff has happened under Gates and Loftin as well at my beloved university and I genuinely don't know how to feel about that.

You will find very few people care whether any of this is true or false. I personally could care less about menial misrepresentation of facts from 100 years ago and find your crusade to figure out the "truth" about these happenings as absurd for a grown man with any semblance of a happy, healthy life. Your behavior towards others is obsessive in ways I hope I never have to understand. By all means though, keep on fighting the Internet good fight against rival traditions if that truly gives you a sense of personal worth. However, just to elaborate on my drive-by insult, it seems you take stances on subjects early on without substantive fact, and pontificate based off of these assumptions. For instance, your Patterson hate has had little foundation to go off of. Your blind loyalty in most cases excludes you, in my mind, from being allowed to point fingers at others for twisting the story a hair. You have been pro-Powers for quite a while, so it seems Powers isn't allowed to be ridiculed in your eyes, despite you making baseless arguments against others in the past without any issue. Ya'll have a good one and a fun debate, I'm not touching this any further, as I'm sure the same stuff has happened under Gates and Loftin as well at my beloved university and I genuinely don't know how to feel about that.

When your university threatens legal action against a double amputee for allegedly infringing against a trademark that was seemingly fraudulently obtained (if you don't understand that reference, google "Chuckie Sonntag"), it surpasses any "menial misrepresentation of facts." Obviously a lot of aggys care, if you dont. Facts may not matter in the culture of TAMU, but to others, facts matter. 

While we are on the subject of facts, I do not hate Steve Patterson. I do not even know him. I simply believe it has become obvious he is not the right man for the job of AD at the University of Texas. He seems to be a competent facilities guy, but not competent at financial management or marketing. If you think my beliefs concerning Steve Patterson have "little foundation to go off of" I would merely respond "$240,000 per athlete in operating expenses for Bellmont and jetpack." 

As for your assertion I seemingly "take stances on subjects early on without substantive fact, and pontificate based off of these assumptions" please elaborate. I honestly have no idea what you are referring to. 

I have no blind loyalties. Not toward UT, Bill Powers, or any other entity of living person. My defense of Bill Powers is based on my belief that unfounded character assassinations of individuals are despicable. Any alumnus of the university who takes to a UT message board to baselessly accuses a university official of illegal activity deserves to be called out.That isn't "blind loyalty." That is questioning another's lack of integrity. 

So, point out my alleged instances of "taking stances on subjects early on without substantive fact, and pontificate based off of those assumptions" and aggy on, my friend.