31 replies to this topic

#21 Shevis Irons

Shevis Irons

Rookie

• Premium Members
  • 531 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

I was reading a trade pub yesterday that has the casting for season 2 associated with someone that would suggest if will be shot on the East Coast and probably southern east coast.

#22 beevomav

beevomav

V.I.P.

• Premium Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

I was reading a trade pub yesterday that has the casting for season 2 associated with someone that would suggest if will be shot on the East Coast and probably southern east coast.

I read something, somewhere that Virginia is being considered, but then I read an interview with the writer and he has not even started writing for season two, HBO has not officially signed on for a season two, and there is a real issue if Pizzolatto can pump out enough scripts to have a next season, next year? One of the reasons the show had only one director for all eight episodes is they were working on the scripts until the day of shooting.

It took two years to write the first six episodes of season one. Whatever, it will be hard to come close to season one, and with Woody and Matthew gone, maybe impossible.
Follow me on Twitter @beevomav

#23 bbdude

bbdude

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 80 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

What a finale this was. Fantastic series that kept me glued to the television every Sunday. This one could be made into a Dexter-esque series. The writers deserve a ton of credit.

140103234934-charlie-strong-story-single

#24 beevomav

beevomav

V.I.P.

• Premium Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

What a finale this was. Fantastic series that kept me glued to the television every Sunday. This one could be made into a Dexter-esque series. The writers deserve a ton of credit.

Agreed..pure greatness..One of my new favorite quotes.."I'll come back tomorrow." .. "Why?"

Don't want to say much more because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched the final..

I am already in television mourning..

#25 beevomav

beevomav

V.I.P.

• Premium Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

HBO Go crashed during the season final of True Detective. It was the most watched show ever on HBO.

People who didn't get the ending, don't understand the series. It was always about Rust and Marty, and very little was about scared man.

Although, scared man was one scary son of a bitch.

Update

I just read a interview from Nic Pizzolatto, writer and creator of True Detective.

He hinted at what next season story line.

"This is really early, but I'll tell you [it's about] hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system," revealed Pizzolatto.

This latest bit of information paired with how Pizzolatto told Buzzfeed that he had been reading about the "last 40 years of Southern California government," still doesn't reveal much, but it looks like whatever is happening in season two, will take place in California?

When I get more, I will post it.

Edited by beevomav, 10 March 2014 - 09:41 AM.
Additional info

#26 SFlonghorngirl

SFlonghorngirl

Veteran

• Premium Members
  • 2,433 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:37 PM

I finally saw True Detective on the plane! Saw episodes 1 - 4. Can't wait for it on dvd! The clean cut MM is so hot.
Instagram: shannysquared

#27 Aaron Carrara

Aaron Carrara

Co-Publisher

• Administrators
  • 4,263 posts
  • HornSports

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

I finally saw True Detective on the plane! Saw episodes 1 - 4. Can't wait for it on dvd! The clean cut MM is so hot.

I sorta liked the scruffy, pony-tailed Lone Star drinking version of him myself.  

Aaron Carrara
Co-Publisher

aaron@hornsports.com

hssig.jpg

#28 Coleman Feeley

Coleman Feeley

On the line

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xbO61Nd0Jlk

"Whatchu know 'bout infinity?...."

#29 beevomav

beevomav

V.I.P.

• Premium Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

I just read Matthew McConaughey said he is open to doing another season of TD. He went on to say he had a blast during filming.

I understand the writer has already written some scripts. I suggest he shelves those for season three and start over with Woody and Matthew. 

#30 SFlonghorngirl

SFlonghorngirl

Veteran

• Premium Members
  • 2,433 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

I paid $12 to watch the last 4 episodes last night. Great show! Can't wait for season 2. Too bad the duo won't be back. Such great chemistry between them.
Instagram: shannysquared

#31 Juan

Juan

V.I.P.

• Premium Members
  • 19,757 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

Looks like Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey will be replaced by ......

....  Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell

I am skeptical, but also sure I will tune in at least to the first couple episodes.

#32 Shevis Irons

Shevis Irons

Rookie

• Premium Members
  • 531 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:44 AM

I may have posted this, but I auditioned for True Detective. Didn't get the whole script, just my sides(which is usually the pages with the dialogue you will use in the audition, sometimes a little more.) I also got the sides from another character, but with no names attached and very little to go on, I really had no idea what it was going to be. I didn't get a callback though I think the casting was straight off the tape.

Gosh, that's one party I wish I had gotten the call for. What a cast and what an ensemble. I just really liked the job just about every actor did.

If I remember correctly I auditioned for the Sherrif that new about the killings and was threatened out on a boat. That said, I was told by my agent, my good friend Dave Mondalando got the part we auditioned for but that was a part in a jailhouse scene where MM us told by the Methhead he was interviewing that Sarcosa was real.

I dunno.

Yup, I can't wait for the next season as well. If it shoots in Cally I'll not get asked to read again. Oh well.

“To me there are three things everyone should do every day. Number one is laugh. Number two is think -- spend some time time in thought. Number three, you should have your emotions move you to tears. If you laugh, think and cry, that's a heck of a day.” JV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users