Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Seahorn

Jalen Milroe Commits To Texas

Texas has landed their quarterback for the 2021 class. Katy Tompkins dual threat signal caller Jalen Milroe announced via Twitter this evening that he is committing to the University of Texas. 

What kind of player are the Longhorns getting in Milroe? They are getting a player that is great fit for what they do offensively and is dripping with upside. 

https://hornsports.com/index.php/2019/07/21/jalen-milroe-commits-to-texas/

Advertise on HornSports
41 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

The comp that came to mind when I watched Milroe was Jalen Hurts. I liked Hurts a lot when he came out and thought it was mistake when Texas didn’t pursue him harder at the time.

I thought the exact same thing. Long way to go to get there but something about seeing him in the pocket screamed Hurts to me. 

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

Jalen may be a great college QB, but it may somewhere besides UT. That's the new reality in college football. If one of the two 2020 QB commits are the real deal then Jalen will be like Cameron Rising.and enter the portal.

But.....what if neither of the two 2020 QB commits are the real deal? What then?

13 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

But.....what if neither of the two 2020 QB commits are the real deal? What then?

Didn't mean to imply that the coaches are doing anything wrong, it's just the reality of the situation. Just what to recruit a top QB every year. 

If your none of your QB;s develop then you go the OU route and take a transfer.

39 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Didn't mean to imply that the coaches are doing anything wrong, it's just the reality of the situation. Just what to recruit a top QB every year. 

If your none of your QB;s develop then you go the OU route and take a transfer.

Okay, just thought it was little weird that you had a kid that still has 2 years of high school left already going into the portal.

2 hours ago, killerjoe said:

IMO It's a little too early to get too excited, given today's recruiting climate. On the other hand, he is ours to lose.

He doesn’t strike me as a kid to play games. I know it’s a long way to go from now, but guys like Milroe get in the boat this early to be class leaders.

4 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Okay, just thought it was little weird that you had a kid that still has 2 years of high school left already going into the portal.

Nope, I'm not that smart. A year ago Justin Fields was the top QB in the nation and the highest rated QB according to 24/7 since Vince Young and he's already on another team. 

Although I do predict that Roschon Johnson will be the starter after Sam.

On 7/22/2019 at 6:40 PM, primal defense said:

Nope, I'm not that smart. A year ago Justin Fields was the top QB in the nation and the highest rated QB according to 24/7 since Vince Young and he's already on another team. 

Although I do predict that Roschon Johnson will be the starter after Sam.

I think it will be Hudson Card or Casey Thompson. 

But gosh that will be one hell of a spring competition into fall camp. 

3 hours ago, TB14 said:

I think it will be Hudson Card or Casey Thompson. 

But gosh that will be one hell of a spring competition into fall camp. 

I'm thinking it will be Ehlinger, RoJo and then Milroe. But you can't go wrong with the talent Texas is recruiting.