Sign in to follow this  
Johnstark23

Bru McCoy to enter Portal Again or maybe not 24/7

If the young man wants to play football elsewhere, I think he should be able to. If I had no problem with granting him a waiver to play at UT after first committing to USC, then I have no problem with granting him a waiver to play elsewhere after committing to UT. 

Advertise on HornSports
6 hours ago, Coot said:

If the young man wants to play football elsewhere, I think he should be able to. If I had no problem with granting him a waiver to play at UT after first committing to USC, then I have no problem with granting him a waiver to play elsewhere after committing to UT. 

I agree he should be where he wants to be.  I  just don't like the misuse of the meaning of commitment. 

On 5/31/2019 at 8:18 AM, primal defense said:

LOL. Well, thanks goodness we got rid of the bum and the last decade has proved that we don't need five star players. You are correct Bru was not good enough to singelhandle  save the program. 

I don't why the coaches and Sam flew out to LA. Maybe Disneyland? Herman should make what you said the team motto. "If you don't want to be here, then you don't deserve to be here."

Sending an envoy to re-recruit him seems to be a bit much.  I don’t think we would see Saban making that trip.  On another note, seeing a picture of McCoy in an article relating to this fiasco makes me think he is the Greg Oden of college football.  Dude looks like he his 35 in the photo I viewed.

9 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Couldn't agree more.  I think we dodged a bullet there.

Besides, I don't think he could have beat out Jake Smith anyway.

Saying that I don't think Evans could have beat out Dijan either.

We are in for some thrills watching Dijan with the ball in his hands.

I know Bru is going back to LA, but he might as well be going to  A&M or OU as far as I'm concern. I wish him well in his life, like I do everyone even Kyler Murray and Barry Switzer.:)  However, I always have and always will root against anyone that goes to the aggies or OU and in no way will I be rooting for Bru at USC unless it somehow helps Texas.  I do expect him to be a great wide receiver at USC. Every report that I had read about him is that he's a hard worker and combined with his physical talent makes me believe he will be a great college football player.

I guess some people can say he's immature and some can he's entitled, for my part I'm going with entitled. He has a right to leave UT if he was not happy here, however I don't like the chickenshit way he didn't come back to Austin to tell Herman and the players face to face or before he left. Tom Herman did not lie to Bru like Clay Helton did. Now, when I think of Bru, I think of all the valuable reps he took away our young talented wide receivers.

Now, I read that he's trying to say that he was worried that Herman was going to fire Drew Mehringer. Please, he should stick to the mother story even though she wanted him to stay at UT.  My concern is somewhere down the road in order to justify his going back to LA, he will come out with some negative things about his stay at Texas.

He's already embarrassed the football team where even the aggies are making jokes. However, I guess it's worth as long as Bru is happy.

22 hours ago, Coot said:

I disagree. The NCAA should pass a rule that if you go in the transfer portal twice in the same year then you should sit out a year. The transport portal should not have a revolving door.

Did he go back into the portal?  Did his Mom say she wanted him at UT?

I’m teaching Summer School and we started Thursday. Quite honestly, it’s time to pay attention to the next class and the 2019 season. 

I wish McCoy all the best, but your first semester away from home is rough, regardless of how far away from home you are. It is something everyone must adjust to. 

Hook ‘em!

11 hours ago, java said:

Did he go back into the portal?  Did his Mom say she wanted him at UT?

I’m teaching Summer School and we started Thursday. Quite honestly, it’s time to pay attention to the next class and the 2019 season. 

I wish McCoy all the best, but your first semester away from home is rough, regardless of how far away from home you are. It is something everyone must adjust to. 

Hook ‘em!

Both his mom and dad advised Bru to stay at Texas and yes he's back in the transfer portal. Hopefully, the portal will not break down and Bru wil not be trapped in there. It would be like the little boy who fell down the well.:o

3 hours ago, primal defense said:

Both his mom and dad advised Bru to stay at Texas and yes he's back in the transfer portal. Hopefully, the portal will not break down and Bru wil not be trapped in there. It would be like the little boy who fell down the well.:o

He could just hit the hyperspace button and reappear at a random college campus.

4 hours ago, primal defense said:

I get that, but what does that have to do with women running down the street. It looks like they're looking for shirts to cover up.

It was more entertaining than the topic of the thread. lol

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

Hmmm! One of the worst recruiting stories in UT history and on the other hand topless women. Tough call, but yest the topless women is more entertaining.

What about the officer who tried to tackle one of them and busted it? lol