Sign in to follow this  
Johnstark23

Bru McCoy to enter Portal Again or maybe not 24/7

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

It's #1. They're circling the wagons. See Coburn's tweet.

Possible.

Was Coburn's tweet independent of Sterns?  If so, then it's possible that Coburn too chose to interpret Sterns' as #1.  To me, that doesn't answer the original question about Sterns's tweet.  If not, then we make the assumption that the two and others colluded to send out a certain message.  But that is a big assumption.  So unless you are there among them, we're just speculating.  I prefer not to speculate.

1 hour ago, Rotty22 said:

Possible.

Was Coburn's tweet independent of Sterns?  If so, then it's possible that Coburn too chose to interpret Sterns' as #1.  To me, that doesn't answer the original question about Sterns's tweet.  If not, then we make the assumption that the two and others colluded to send out a certain message.  But that is a big assumption.  So unless you are there among them, we're just speculating.  I prefer not to speculate.

Like I said, its like they're circling the wagons

)O(

2 hours ago, UTfish said:

From what I've read before, he was working hard, he just missed his mother. This is a decision he will regret later. We'll be good, USC won't. 

Maybe, he's going back to USC because he misses his mother. That's something I don't know. What I do know that's a much more sympathic reason then he's going back to the school that lied to him.

I would think the hiring of Graham Harrell the former Texas Tech quarterback as the OC has the USC players excited and if that doesn't work out there's always Urban lurking around.

Bru should have stuck around to see who they hired as the OC then leaving in a huff. If he's going back because he misses his mother then I sure UCLA would take him. It seems it's USC he misses.

I guess I may be in the minority here but, Im not seeing all the hubbub about Bru McCoy, its not like he was going to "save the program " singlehandedly...Gee whiz we have lost 5 star blue chippers before and we did fine without them, in fact history will show that they ended up with less than star studded careers....anyone remember John Brantley, Ryan Perriloux, Jevan Snead

Get over it , turn the page, If the kid doesnt want to be here , then he doesnt deserve to be here...Plenty of kids that would give their soul to wear the Burnt Orange

8 hours ago, Hiwood said:

I guess I may be in the minority here but, Im not seeing all the hubbub about Bru McCoy, its not like he was going to "save the program " singlehandedly...Gee whiz we have lost 5 star blue chippers before and we did fine without them, in fact history will show that they ended up with less than star studded careers....anyone remember John Brantley, Ryan Perriloux, Jevan Snead

Get over it , turn the page, If the kid doesnt want to be here , then he doesnt deserve to be here...Plenty of kids that would give their soul to wear the Burnt Orange

LOL. Well, thanks goodness we got rid of the bum and the last decade has proved that we don't need five star players. You are correct Bru was not good enough to singelhandle  save the program. 

I don't why the coaches and Sam flew out to LA. Maybe Disneyland? Herman should make what you said the team motto. "If you don't want to be here, then you don't deserve to be here."

1 hour ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

This

No way in hell NCAA should grant him a waiver this year with no hardships. 

We’re talking NCAA here. There isn’t anything they could do or NOT do that would surprise me. 

I.e. Baylor, LSU, Ole Miss.......list could go on all day. Nothing done to any of them. 

37 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

We’re talking NCAA here. There isn’t anything they could do or NOT do that would surprise me. 

I.e. Baylor, LSU, Ole Miss.......list could go on all day. Nothing done to any of them. 

Agree that NCAA is selective and inconsistent with their sanctions and punishments.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ole-miss-sanctions-bowl-ban-multiple-show-causes-among-ncaa-penalties/

2 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Agree that NCAA is selective and inconsistent with their sanctions and punishments.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ole-miss-sanctions-bowl-ban-multiple-show-causes-among-ncaa-penalties/

Yes I forgot they did slap Ole Miss a little bit there. Thanks. It’s just inconsistent or usually not at all. After that Baylor fiasco and did nothing when they should have had the death penalty, I just don’t see them doing much. I think a lot of schools know that and are cheating. Hell they had recordings of LSU basketball coach offering money and did nothing. Just so many cases of cheating and nothing happening to them. It is what it is.......I guess 

17 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Like I said, its like they're circling the wagons

)O(

i saw all those tweets prior to my first post.  so i factored it in when i initially posted.

5 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

Yes I forgot they did slap Ole Miss a little bit there. Thanks. It’s just inconsistent or usually not at all. After that Baylor fiasco and did nothing when they should have had the death penalty, I just don’t see them doing much. I think a lot of schools know that and are cheating. Hell they had recordings of LSU basketball coach offering money and did nothing. Just so many cases of cheating and nothing happening to them. It is what it is.......I guess 

NCAA ain't gonna derail the gravy train.

Their "enforcement" department and sham of amateurism has become distasteful. Frankly, I wish D1 sports would get back to their collegiate roots with dedicated student-athletes. More than a few of these degree programs look funny on paper, like aggy's "poultry science".

Get rid of the mandatory college rules and let the NFL fund their own minor leagues. 

reading those player tweets it makes me think there was more of a reason for him wanting to go back home than missing his Mom. I dont know about the coaches, but it seems the players were not "kissing anyone ass"

Otherwise, I wish the young and confused man the very best.

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

reading those player tweets it makes me think there was more of a reason for him wanting to go back home than missing his Mom. I dont know about the coaches, but it seems the players were not "kissing anyone ass"

Otherwise, I wish the young and confused man the very best.

Reading between the lines, don't discount the very real possibility that this is girl related and has nothing to do with football. 

16 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Reading between the lines, don't discount the very real possibility that this is girl related and has nothing to do with football. 

That's it!   Give the girl a scholly to play tennis even if she doesn't know how!  Wait...we just lost our tennis coach...

36 minutes ago, Johnstark23 said:

I’m beginning to think this is an entitlement issue. 

I'm beginning to think there is much more to the story than we will ever know. Team mates don't tweet things like we have seen just because a player leaves because of home sickness.