Sign in to follow this  
Johnstark23

Bru McCoy to enter Portal Again or maybe not 24/7

Wow! I guess he got the word that Urban Meyer will be his coach next year. Either that or Kingsbury is going to resign and go back to being the OC for USC.

The only other reason to go to USC is for the women at USC and in Hollywood. This is one of the craziest recruiting that I've seen.

There are a lot of moving parts here. From radio silence amidst these rumors from the McCoy Camp & UT camp, to UT staff being out of pocket for the long weekend, to McCoy supposedly still being in SoCal right now, with conditioning beginning tomorrow on The 40, things are strange and not adding up. 

Mods have been following this, and I’d imagine @Daniel Seahorn and others to comment on this in depth in the near future. 

14 hours ago, joeywa said:

There are a lot of moving parts here. From radio silence amidst these rumors from the McCoy Camp & UT camp, to UT staff being out of pocket for the long weekend, to McCoy supposedly still being in SoCal right now, with conditioning beginning tomorrow on The 40, things are strange and not adding up. 

Mods have been following this, and I’d imagine @Daniel Seahorn and others to comment on this in depth in the near future. 

Staff discussion on this in the 2020 recruiting thread. 

1 hour ago, Johnstark23 said:

Staff discussion on this in the 2020 recruiting thread. 

Yep. I think an independent pinned thread on it would be beneficial. 

It’s buried on Page 81-82 of the 2020 thread. 

34 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Ditto to the above.

I would guess that he is homesick since he appears to be real close to his mom. Best of luck to him on whatever he decides. 

That is so sweet. He misses his mommy. Too bad when he entered the portal he couldn't figure out that he would be all the way in Austin, Texas while his mommy would be in LA.

11 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Full court press coming from Texas. If the kid is still in California, I wonder if he was planning on not coming back after going home for break. 

Either way it's not good for UT that they have to fly out there to recruit him again.

23 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Full court press coming from Texas. If the kid is still in California, I wonder if he was planning on not coming back after going home for break. 

This is absurd. This is reminding me a lot of the Sterlin Gilbert hiring....except this kid is a player, not a coach!

6 hours ago, drgilbert said:

He’s probably not talking about Bru, but I’m gonna put this here anyway 

Maybe.  But it's hard to discern intent.  There are a couple of ways to interpret this.

1. The program is too hard and not for everybody.  This interpretation is meant to be demeaning.

2. The program, geographic location, etc. may not be for everyone.  This interpretation is meant to be more understanding.

11 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

The USC side once again breaking the news. Good luck, Bru. 

Rumor is USC is already preparing the waiver paperwork. If this guy plays for them this year it's a travesty and damn near criminal. Especially when he drug his feet at Texas.

I guess he left his heart in San Francisco, or wherever.  Don't like it, but I understand it. Always wanted to go to Alaska, but when I did, the prettiest thing I saw on the trip was the Texas state line coming home. Difference is that I honored my commitment to stay there till the job was done. 

23 minutes ago, Baron said:

Rumor is USC is already preparing the waiver paperwork. If this guy plays for them this year it's a travesty and damn near criminal. Especially when he drug his feet at Texas.

I can’t imagine they grant it after the second transfer. The first one was understandable. The second one is not. 

3 hours ago, Rotty22 said:

Maybe.  But it's hard to discern intent.  There are a couple of ways to interpret this.

1. The program is too hard and not for everybody.  This interpretation is meant to be demeaning.

2. The program, geographic location, etc. may not be for everyone.  This interpretation is meant to be more understanding.

It's #1. They're circling the wagons. See Coburn's tweet.