Sign in to follow this  
joeywa

***Texas vs Oklahoma Basesball Thread TH 6:30 PM LHN***

Ok Seamheads. Here is your thread. I may or may not be in here since I’ll be out at Disch  

Schedule change- 

TH 6:30

FR 1 PM & 6:30 PM

Feel free to post.  Nobody here bites.....at least not very hard  

HookEm!

Advertise on HornSports
38 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Need a sweep to have a shot at saving the season. All hands on deck it sounds like.

That’s the only real option. Lay all your cards out there and see if these boys have it in em to make some noise. 

I have to admit not following baseball this year much more than tracking the box scores and our record.   What I do know is I thought baseball had gotten it right!  Baseball was back!!  Pierce took that goodwill earned last year and now I wonder if last year was a mirage?  But, as I said, I don’t follow closely.  

I’d be interested to hear from those who have followed closely, what in the Wild Wild world of sports happened?  Pitching, fielding, injuries, we lost everyone from last years team????

also, is help on the way?

Such a promising start to the season only to finish like that.  I thought this team would be average after the loss of Hamilton and DJ and with Clemens leaving, but I actually thought the pitching would be better than it was, especially the bullpen.  I also thought Zubia was prime to take over the role Clemens vacated (maybe not quite at that level, but at least half the level).

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Pierce is 35-38 in Big 12 play. Has a 1st, 6th, and last place finish. 

I have no idea what we have in him... Lucky for him he had Kody last year or the conversation would different right now.

Careful Mike, folks don’t like negative thoughts on David Pierce:D

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Pierce is 35-38 in Big 12 play. Has a 1st, 6th, and last place finish. 

I have no idea what we have in him... Lucky for him he had Kody last year or the conversation would different right now.

Yes. And 17 of those came this season. Obviously we should forget about the regional finals in Long Beach in year 1, Omaha in year 2 and the fact that the frosh this season are his first recruiting class. 

TBH, I’m tired of the BS from everyone regarding Pierce. The ledge jumpers are over the top. I’ll acquiescence that this season overall was less than stellar, but let’s not gloss over what this coaching staff has done in their time here. You want to question him, fine, but let’s make sure you get everything out there. They lost their .300 hitter and All American SS, lost their starting C and his bat (10 HRs) and had a less than stellar performance from their bullpen in the second half of the season. 

If you’d like to spend your time chanting the sky is falling, feel free. I think those that are pushing this agenda need to chill out and look at the overall situation this season and move on. There were a myriad of issues in the 2nd half that contributed to the way this season ended. 

The most hilarious thing about this discussion is the folks throwing barbs are the same that were saying “we’re back” after LSU. If this description fits, it was on purpose. 

“The most hilarious thing about this discussion is the folks throwing barbs are the same that were saying “we’re back” after LSU. If this description fits, it was on purpose.“

I’ll bite. I was one of those who thought we were headed for a very good season after LSU.  I was wrong. I don’t see anything to hide from, I was wrong.

And it is sad, not hilarious.

Now I wonder whether Pierce is the guy or not.  You seem to be certain that he is. 

Getting to a regional final should never be considered a big deal at the University of Texas. But it was his first year so I consider it a decent achievement. Last year we got better as the season went on and I pointed it out and said that it was a sign of good coaching.  This year we fell off the map and that is a sign of bad coaching. I don’t see how anyone can argue that. You stated there are myriads of reasons for what happened in the second half of the year and Pierce is responsible for all of them. It’s his product, win or lose. In my book he gets a lot of credit for last year and a black eye for this year. 

Now he needs to bring in a better recruiting class than he did last year and coach them up.

He also needs to let someone else coach third base. He’s not very good at it. :-)

45 minutes ago, joeywa said:

Yes. And 17 of those came this season. Obviously we should forget about the regional finals in Long Beach in year 1, Omaha in year 2 and the fact that the frosh this season are his first recruiting class. 

TBH, I’m tired of the BS from everyone regarding Pierce. The ledge jumpers are over the top. I’ll acquiescence that this season overall was less than stellar, but let’s not gloss over what this coaching staff has done in their time here. You want to question him, fine, but let’s make sure you get everything out there. They lost their .300 hitter and All American SS, lost their starting C and his bat (10 HRs) and had a less than stellar performance from their bullpen in the second half of the season. 

If you’d like to spend your time chanting the sky is falling, feel free. I think those that are pushing this agenda need to chill out and look at the overall situation this season and move on. There were a myriad of issues in the 2nd half that contributed to the way this season ended. 

The most hilarious thing about this discussion is the folks throwing barbs are the same that were saying “we’re back” after LSU. If this description fits, it was on purpose. 

I am not ledge jumping but no one at this point can be certain if Pierce will fail or win big here. Speculation either way is just that. With that said Pierce has a 1st, 6th and last place finish. Which season is he going to be long term? Time will tell. I'm hoping it's last years but it very well could be this years.