Sign in to follow this  
J.B. TexasEx

...aggy to lose AD, Woodward, to LSU?

Advertise on HornSports
5 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Yeah, I know LSU is Woodward's alma mater. But, it just proves A&M isn't a top tier, destination job. Is Jimbo gonna join him in Red Stick?

https://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/Report-Texas-A-M-AD-Scott-Woodward-leave-LSU-13775854.php?src=rss

I'm not well versed in Jimbo's contract, but lsu may not be able to afford to buy him out

1 hour ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

I'm not well versed in Jimbo's contract, but lsu may not be able to afford to buy him out

There is no buy-out. And Woodward is the one who gave Jimbo that contract.

Let that sink in. 

12 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

There is no buy-out. And Woodward is the one who gave Jimbo that contract.

Let that sink in. 

LSU can't financially afford to match his current contract. La govt is not the wealthiest at the moment.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

LSU can't financially afford to match his current contract. La govt is not the wealthiest at the moment.

The money would not come from government. It would come from their big boosters, if it were to happen.

It’s still funny to me that nobody knew much of this til the morning it was to be announced.  It’s like Woodward didn’t want anybody to know he was leaving until it was time to leave.  Also, you can’t make me believe that he didn’t expect to be going back to BR and signed Fisher’s contract with no buyout.  I think it was his plan all along

I listened to part of chin pubes radio show at noon today.

He spent several sentences talking about how much money they had. Then he repeatedly said “this is not a clown show. This is not a clown show.”

My interpretation, which I would love to run by him for his comments, is “we are still a clown show. But now we have enough money to buy our way out of it.”

9 hours ago, Bear19 said:

I listened to part of chin pubes radio show at noon today.

He spent several sentences talking about how much money they had. Then he repeatedly said “this is not a clown show. This is not a clown show.”

My interpretation, which I would love to run by him for his comments, is “we are still a clown show. But now we have enough money to buy our way out of it.”

Sure, aggy has so much money that Chancellor Sharp is begging the state legislature for more funding. Who knew a 70% acceptance rate and overcrowding will cause infrastructure problems? We need to indoctrinate more aggy! WHOOP!

I don’t know him personally but he is a rat bastard aggy who was Jackie Sherril’s bagman, then carried it on as head coach through Dallas boosters. I think he’s a slimy snake in the grass.

Whatever connections he has left he will pass along to Dumbo. You can count on it.