Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****NIT SEMIS - TEXAS vs. TCU GAME THREAD*****

1FF2E936-C2C5-48F9-9B3B-A792BBEE884F.jpeg

The Longhorns are back in action tonight as they take on the TCU Horned Frogs in the NIT semifinals at Madison Square Garden in New York.

While TCU is a familiar foe to Texas, the Longhorns lost both regular season contests to the Horned Frogs.  TCU coach Jamie Dixon is considered a candidate for the UCLA job, and he will have a national stage tonight to showcase his team and coaching prowess.

The winner of this game will play the winner of the Lipscomb vs. Wichita State game in the NIT Championship game on Thursday.

The game will be televised nationally on ESPN and tip-off will take place at 8:30 PM CST.

Advertise on HornSports
5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I can't tell if we're playing that well or if TCU is playing that badly. 

A combo of both. Actually if these Horn would make shots in the paint, it would really be a blow out. The boys are playing great defense 

11 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

A combo of both. Actually if these Horn would make shots in the paint, it would really be a blow out. The boys are playing great defense 

the missed layups are pretty embarrassing. gotta make those

Shaka just bought himself another year. I never bought into the buyout was too much crowd. Beating Dixon after the losses to TCU over the last few years, coupled with making it to the NIT finals has assured Smart another year. I hope he takes advantage of that and doesn't disappoint us.

I’m really glad our team decided to fight here at the end of the season. They could have just shut it down and lost in the first round. Shaka and his staff deserve credit for getting them ready and getting them to fight. He’s got a good recruiting class coming in and some good players coming back. I’m definitely hoping for the best moving forward. 

Hook’em 

Agreed he gets another year. Would love to see more pressing from this team next year. 

I think Shaka can make this a good program again if he coaches what he knows. Bring on the Havoc!