Sign in to follow this  
Sirhornsalot

Remember . . . .

Advertise on HornSports
5 hours ago, Bear19 said:

Khe Sanh? TET?

Couple klicks northeast of Con Thien on near south border of DMZ. Near a conversion of trails called the marketplace. My company (M Company 3rd battalion, 3rd Marines) got ambushed by a battalion of NVA at about 11 A.M. March 6,1968 in the morning and continued it well into the night. Very bad day. Other Marine units were unable to help us as NVA artillery from the north kept them at bay.

Vietnam. I will never understand why we fought a war on their terms, rather than on ours. 

I always thought we should have used our strengths:  technology, superior weaponry, and air power to fight.

Friends of mine never came back from SE Asia. 

As an adult I have a friend married to a man who is Vietnamese. He fought for the South with the Americans. At 14, he was the lone survivor of one of our helicopter crashes. He continued to fight, and was on one of the last choppers out of our Embassy. 

With the exception of one brother, the rest of his family came over on boats. The brother, afraid of water, walked out, and was captured multiple times. Each time his brother, already here, would send cartons of cigarettes, and he would trade them for his freedom. Amazing that they all made it. 

Oh, the mother had holes drilled in her teeth to hide diamonds for their fresh start in the US. Anything one carried made that person a target on the boats. 

Thank you, dillo.

On 3/7/2019 at 5:04 PM, dillohorn said:

Couple klicks northeast of Con Thien on near south border of DMZ. Near a conversion of trails called the marketplace. My company (M Company 3rd battalion, 3rd Marines) got ambushed by a battalion of NVA at about 11 A.M. March 6,1968 in the morning and continued it well into the night. Very bad day. Other Marine units were unable to help us as NVA artillery from the north kept them at bay.

Thank you for your service!