Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Seahorn

Reports: Ga Tech OL Parker Braun Commits To Texas

Multiple reports are stating that Texas has landed coveted grad transfer OL Parker Braun out of Georgia Tech. First reported by Jason Suchomel of Orangebloods. 

Hard to understate how big of a pick up this is for the Longhorns as they add a two time All-ACC player who had over 30 starts for the Yellowjackets during his time in Atlanta.

Braun is a plug and play guy from the moment he arrives on campus, and while some have concerns about him coming out of that Paul Johnson offense, it should be noted that Florida, Ohio State, and Auburn were all in hot pursuit for his services. 

Get familiar with Mr. Braun via some of the footage below. 

High school cut-ups: 

GA Tech game tape: 

Advertise on HornSports
41 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Kerstetter at right tackle. Okafor and Angilau likely battle it out for a guard spot. 

Yeah, from what I've heard it's going to be hard to keep Angilau out of the starting lineup.  I've also heard great things about Christian Jones.  Man, it feels good to have depth.

C - Shack, Kerstetter

G - Angilau, Braun, Okafor or Ghirmai, (I'm calling it now) Tyler Johnson makes the 2-deep.

T - Cosmi, Kerstetter, Jones, ???? Reese Moore or Okafor (swing man)

1 hour ago, texbound said:

Yeah, from what I've heard it's going to be hard to keep Angilau out of the starting lineup.  I've also heard great things about Christian Jones.  Man, it feels good to have depth.

C - Shack, Kerstetter

G - Angilau, Braun, Okafor or Ghirmai, (I'm calling it now) Tyler Johnson makes the 2-deep.

T - Cosmi, Kerstetter, Jones, ???? Reese Moore or Okafor (swing man)

I really like Angilau and wouldn't be surprised if he's the other starting Guard.  TFB said not to long ago Jones would start out with the 1's at Tackle, but IT said something about him still needing another year.  

Either way it's nice to have some options for once and Hand looks like he's on his way to building an elite OL with talented depth.  2021 could be an all-time class at OL.

35 minutes ago, Slimer said:

I really like Angilau and wouldn't be surprised if he's the other starting Guard.  TFB said not to long ago Jones would start out with the 1's at Tackle, but IT said something about him still needing another year.  

Either way it's nice to have some options for once and Hand looks like he's on his way to building an elite OL with talented depth.  2021 could be an all-time class at OL.

2021?  Based on the projected talent in state (and Texas’ ability to recruit)??

49 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

2021?  Based on the projected talent in state (and Texas’ ability to recruit)??

Probably going to have 5 guys that will end up as a 5* or borderline high end 4*.  It's that good of a group.  And that's not even counting guys like Byrd from Duncanville, Erik Cade, James Brockermeyer, or whoever else pops up between now and then.

We wont land all 5 ( Brockermeyer, Fatheree, Foster, Conner, and Jackson ), but I bet we get at least 3 of those guys.  Maybe 4.  We'll see.

6 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Probably going to have 5 guys that will end up as a 5* or borderline high end 4*.  It's that good of a group.  And that's not even counting guys like Byrd from Duncanville, Erik Cade, James Brockermeyer, or whoever else pops up between now and then.

We wont land all 5 ( Brockermeyer, Fatheree, Foster, Conner, and Jackson ), but I bet we get at least 3 of those guys.  Maybe 4.  We'll see.

I’m still focusing on the 2020 OL haul...good to hear the 2021 will be stacked as well.  I still remember the Dan Neil, Blake Brockermeier, and others as part of the early 1990’s OL haul dubbed  “The Class of Beef” at the time.  Solid moniker, and good memories.  Of course those were still lean football years while I attended Texas during the vaunted Macovic years.

The strangest question of the NFL scouting combine centered on a Texas CB's groin

Yahoo Sports Ben Weinrib,Yahoo Sports 9 hours ago 

Now comes the latest entrant into the “Most Inappropriate Question of the Combine” contest, directed toward, according to the player, former Texas cornerback Kris Boyd:

I have been to a scouting combine or two -- OK, this my 33rd -- and I have now heard an entry to the crazy-question question I've never heard before -- this today from Texas CB Kris Boyd -- “Do I have both of my testicles? And I was like yeah, I don’t know why you got to ask.''

It’s very hard to imagine why a team would ask this question. It’s not as if Boyd was well-known for surviving cancer or a traumatic accident, and even if he did not have both of his testicles, that’s not going to affect his on-field performance.

If it was a team trying to see how Boyd would react when put in a shocking situation, mission accomplished. But for the sake of everyone involved, let’s let this practice die so that players can be evaluated in a more fair and friendly way.

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - MARCH 03: Texas cornerback Kris Boyd answers questions from the media during the NFL Scouting Combine on March 3, 2019 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, IN. (Photo by Zach Bolinger/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images) Texas cornerback Kris Boyd got one of the most bizarre questions of the NFL scouting combine. (Getty Images)

What are Boyd’s draft prospects?

For the foreseeable future, Boyd will probably be known as the Testicle Question Guy, but he could potentially hear his name called on the second day of the NFL draft. ESPN rates Boyd as the 16th-best cornerback and 103rd overall prospect, while CBS has him as the 77th-best player (eighth among corners), which puts him in the third- or fourth-round range.

Boyd has had a very good combine outside of the bizarre line of questioning, as he led all cornerbacks with 19 bench press reps. He will complete his on-field drills on Monday as the combine wraps up at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

Save for any shots he might take below the belt during his last day of drills, hopefully this will be the last we all hear of Boyd’s groin

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/the-strangest-question-of-the-nfl-combine-groin-055232710.html