Ellis RBI IF SINGLE

Kennedy RBI FC, everybody is safe as SS misses the bag at 2B

Runners at 1&2, tie game

Todd walkoff RBI SINGLE up the middle

Horns win 7-6, and sweep the #1 LSU Tigers

Just now, Bear19 said:

And we did it all without Dos xx. 

Nothing but hot chocolate here. 

When our defense gets better we will be very hard to beat. Shit we already are.

Sitting in my icebox right now is a fresh 6 pack of DosXX I’m going to crack one in your honor in about 30 minutes

huge comeback today and great series by this team.  That got the bad taste of the UTSA debacle out of the mouth.  Just build on this, keep working on getting the pitching rotation down, and keep up with the timely hitting and OBP and this team will be a force in Omaha.

27 minutes ago, joeywa said:

Apparently (according to Dustin McComas,) after the UTSA game, Pierce took the box score from the game, put it in a bucket in front of the team, and burned it. 

Tell me this guy doesn't know what he's doing?  B)

We should do the same and erace the UTSA thread from the board. :-)

@joeywa do you think there is any chance Pierce/Haig stretches out Cole Quintanilla to be a starter this year?

He’s looked as dominant as Elder. I think he could have more value throwing 7 innings on Saturday or Sunday than throwing 3 over the weekend and 2 midweek. 

But at the same time there is a lot of value in being a dominant closer as well. Just trying to maximize it. 

2 hours ago, joeywa said:

Apparently (according to Dustin McComas,) after the UTSA game, Pierce took the box score from the game, put it in a bucket in front of the team, and burned it. 

Tell me this guy doesn't know what he's doing?  B)

Has Shaka tried burning postgame hoops scores?  Wait, that is a lot of fires there, too dangerous.

1 hour ago, TB14 said:

@joeywa do you think there is any chance Pierce/Haig stretches out Cole Quintanilla to be a starter this year?

He’s looked as dominant as Elder. I think he could have more value throwing 7 innings on Saturday or Sunday than throwing 3 over the weekend and 2 midweek. 

But at the same time there is a lot of value in being a dominant closer as well. Just trying to maximize it. 

I believe until we find a consistent answer at closer he will stay in the bullpen.  Plus, he's coming off of a RS year where he was recovering from TJ.  I'm sure the staff will be pretty methodical with how they continue to utilize him. 

52 minutes ago, Earl Nobis Jefferson said:

Tremendous efforts. Great to see this type of success early in season.  Even if LSU is overrated, it's still great to get a sweep against a typically stout opponent 

I don't think they're 'that' overrated.  They may not be a #1 or #2 team, but they're certainly top 10 and will be in the mix at the end of the season.  They have too much talent in that lineup not to be.  They will need to figure out their pitching rotation, but that will come as the season wears on.