Sign in to follow this  
joeywa

***Official Texas vs LSU weekend baseball thread-LHN 1 PM SUN***

Advertise on HornSports

Henley gets his 6th K of the game and McCann guns down a runner trying steal 2B to end the frame.  McCann has really improved as a ballplayer. 

Horns up 8-3 headed B5

Henley give us a leadoff double, followed by a walk, and that's all for him today

Quintanilla comes in, gets a DP ball that only gets one; E4 plates a run.

B2B Ks ends the frame

Horns up 8-4 headed B7

11 minutes ago, DisplacedTexan said:

I have never been a baseball fan but I've started watching Texas baseball and softball recently and it's pretty fun to get into. I know nothing about the players and I've had to Google a few of the rules and terms but I dig it so far. 

Well baseball is very simple. As Willie Mays said, “they throw it, I hit it. They hit it, I catch it”. 

28 minutes ago, DisplacedTexan said:

I have never been a baseball fan but I've started watching Texas baseball and softball recently and it's pretty fun to get into. I know nothing about the players and I've had to Google a few of the rules and terms but I dig it so far. 

Having a daughter that plays and helping coach, I’ve gotten to where I enjoy softball as much as baseball

3 hours ago, DisplacedTexan said:

Feel free to ask any questions you have about the game.  One of us here will be happy to help answer them for you. 

2 hours ago, NWAHorn said:

And imagine where we'd be if our SS had not gone down with injury. I like Pierce. He may not have been the sexiest hire at the time, but he's getting it done. 

Texas is currently 9-3, just took two from, (in some polls,) the #1 team in the country, with a chance to sweep them tomorrow.  Texas will likely jump from #16 (or #18 in some other polls,) to around #10 when the rankings come out on Monday.  I don't know that with Hamilton, the record would be that much better.  I do think that most polls ranked Texas lower due to his injury before the season started, but polls will change throughout the year, and the cream will rise to the top, as they say.

While I think DHam is an incredibly talented player, I believe this team has admirably filled the void left by his injury.  Not to mention the void left by the departure of Kody Clemens.  I think this team is top to bottom more talented than last year's team, albeit younger talent.  In my opinion, the loss that is damaging this team most is the graduation of Jake McKenzie.  Texas is really struggling to find a 1B that can be consistent.  Someone will rise up and take that position, but as of now, it's a platoon situation and that will likely continue for a while.  

Just enjoy where this team is headed.  They have done very well so far.  Before the season started, I felt that 7-3 in the first 10 would be fantastic.  For the next 10, I thought 10-7 would be a big plus.  That would put Texas at 17-10 going into the week of March 26 (Incarnate Word (1) and Xavier (3).) Let's see how it plays out. 

On 3/1/2019 at 11:54 PM, joeywa said:

Question for the board:
Did you like the way the thread went tonight?  What would you like to see done differently? 

Our (HornSports') goal is to get more banter in game threads.  What would you like to see?  We're about making the members happy. 

Free beer and BBQ would work for me! Well ya did ask, so...  B)

Yall do a great job, thanks and keep it up!