Sign in to follow this  
joeywa

***Official Texas vs LSU weekend baseball thread-LHN 1 PM SUN***

Advertise on HornSports
23 minutes ago, java said:

Thank you, Joey. Everyone was here tonight, ya’ know. 

Hook ‘em!

How is your son doing?

Thanks for the chatter. 

Doing well. You may see his work floating around this site in the form of hoops stories. :)

Question for the board:
Did you like the way the thread went tonight?  What would you like to see done differently? 

Our (HornSports') goal is to get more banter in game threads.  What would you like to see?  We're about making the members happy. 

1 hour ago, joeywa said:

Question for the board:
Did you like the way the thread went tonight?  What would you like to see done differently? 

Our (HornSports') goal is to get more banter in game threads.  What would you like to see?  We're about making the members happy. 

Maybe more commentary, such as what a win like this means and where it puts us in the baseball world.

Obviously, I don't keep up with this as much as you guys do so I have trouble gauging exactly how well we're doing or not. I know we just dropped a game that Pierce wants to forget, now we beat #1? Whats happening here?

13 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Maybe more commentary, such as what a win like this means and where it puts us in the baseball world.

Obviously, I don't keep up with this as much as you guys do so I have trouble gauging exactly how well we're doing or not. I know we just dropped a game that Pierce wants to forget, now we beat #1? Whats happening here?

Well, to be perfectly honest, it's baseball.  Mid-week game are often used by the coaching staff to assess seldom-used players to see what their strengths and weaknesses are, to get them some live game experience, see if they can handle adversity and determine if they can use them in weekend series.  Don't put too much stock into the loss on Wednesday.  It gave the staff some things to work on and emphasize on Thursday in preparation for LSU. 

It's hard to say where the W last night puts Texas.  Big win for the program, but also it's just one win.  Let's see how Texas does today and tomorrow.  Will they respond with the same fervor as last night?  Will Henley and Cobb give similar performances as Elder?  Will LSU press too hard and crumble or will they respond to the level that their talent is capable of doing?  We will know more by Sunday night. 

Texas draws first blood as Ellis gets a 1-out bases loaded walk

LSU Starting P is already up to 52 pitches.  He may not be long for this game

Horns up 1-0 B2

Horns get a 2 RBI single from Kennedy, followed by an RBI IF single by Todd.

Kennedy scores from 2B on a WP and Texas leads 5-0 here in B2

LSU going to the bullpen

T3

LSU answers.  Henley gives up 4 hits and 3 runs before notching his 3rd K of the day to end the frame

Texas can't let off the gas with this LSU lineup.  They have the ability to add runs quickly.

Horns up 6-3 headed B3

Holy cow, I know it’s early in every sense of the word both in the game and season but are these signs that this could be a special season? Wow

B3

Horns put up a couple of runs here in B3, answering LSU's T3 effort.

Texas will face the 3rd LSU P of the day in as many innings as LSU goes to the pen.