Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
primal defense

How Baylor Happened

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

I am right about the hypocrisy of continuing to fraternize with OU and their thug culture.

Money talks, BS walks. BU ain't going anywhere.

 

Thats great but nobody has claimed BU was going anywhere. 

Texas was contemplating leaving the conference. I don't speak for BU but I would imagine they'd stay put if we had done that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertise on HornSports
16 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Just noticing how you've now gone from "mediocre" in previous posts to now they were "middle of the road." I suppose if I post once or twice more, we'll end in agreement. lol

OU has competed for national championships with defenses that were so bad, you refuse to list them in your point. lol

Mediocre is about the same as middle of the road in my book.  The D showed up at times, and disappointed at times.  Hopefully they will become more consistently good this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Just noticing how you've now gone from "mediocre" in previous posts to now they were "middle of the road." I suppose if I post once or twice more, we'll end in agreement. lol

OU has competed for national championships with defenses that were so bad, you refuse to list them in your point. lol

Coming from the man who said that we had a lights out defense last year. LOL  The definition of "mediocre" is moderate quality which to me means the same as "middle of the road" 

Yes, I didn't say that OU has competed for national championships with their defense the last two years. That's because I want UT to win national champions not just compete. The last two years OU had no chance in the championship series because of their defense. They were also able to go to the playoffs because they had the Heisman winners which you can't count on.

It seems you have lower standards as a UT fan than I do which is fine to each his own. Historically, the National Championship team has a top 20 defense. I believe we have a better chance of winning a national championship with a top 20 or 30 rated defense (inflated because of the Big 12) than the way OU has gone to the playoffs the last two years. It looks like Lincoln Riley agrees with me since he fired his defensive coordinator. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, primal defense said:

Coming from the man who said that we had a lights out defense last year. LOL  The definition of "mediocre" is moderate quality which to me means the same as "middle of the road" 

Yes, I didn't say that OU has competed for national championships with their defense the last two years. That's because I want UT to win national champions not just compete. The last two years OU had no chance in the championship series because of their defense. They were also able to go to the playoffs because they had the Heisman winners which you can't count on.

It seems you have lower standards as a UT fan than I do which is fine to each his own. Historically, the National Championship team has a top 20 defense. I believe we have a better chance of winning a national championship with a top 20 or 30 rated defense (inflated because of the Big 12) than the way OU has gone to the playoffs the last two years. It looks like Lincoln Riley agrees with me since he fired his defensive coordinator. 

PD, you're all over the place. We've just completed an 8-yr drought where we lost to everybody and Kansas at some point. Now you talk about National Championship standards for some reason.

Yeah, we're getting better. But we won't have what you're describing in next year's team. We may as well take a two-year nap, huh?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

PD, you're all over the place. We've just completed an 8-yr drought where we lost to everybody and Kansas at some point. Now you talk about National Championship standards for some reason.

Yeah, we're getting better. But we won't have what you're describing in next year's team. We may as well take a two-year nap, huh?

 

 

 .We did not break the 8 year drought because of the defense which you termed lights out. LOL it was because of Sam Ellinger.the defense was rated 29th for Herman's first year and we were 7-6. You also know or should know that during that eight year drought we have had bad to lousy play from the QB position.

As far as national championship, I was just answered your post from earlier. You really need to keep you. 

OU has competed for national championships with defenses that were so bad, you refuse to list them in your point. lol

 

As far as next year's defense, all I know we have a lot of talented young guys and Herman said in his press conference is that the team is going to need a lot of young guys to step up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, primal defense said:

 .We did not break the 8 year drought because of the defense which you termed lights out. LOL it was because of Sam Ellinger.the defense was rated 29th for Herman's first year and we were 7-6. You also know or should know that during that eight year drought we have had bad to lousy play from the QB position.

As far as national championship, I was just answered your post from earlier. You really need to keep you. 

OU has competed for national championships with defenses that were so bad, you refuse to list them in your point. lol

 

As far as next year's defense, all I know we have a lot of talented young guys and Herman said in his press conference is that the team is going to need a lot of young guys to step up.

 

 

When our big draft choices went to the NFL, they came from the defensive side and Ehlinger was running for his life on every play. Defense kept us in games.

But you're free to believe whatever you want. I'm out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m wondering where Georgia’s defense ranked?  We utterly dominated them from bell to bell, and it had absolutely nothing to do with Georgia overlooking us. 

Georgia was outcoached, outplayed, and out hustled. They were beaten soundly, and they are a smash mouth SEC team, yet we also beat most Big 12 teams and should have beaten all of them, I think. 

What is unique about this Texas team?  I don’t know, but I love it. I think it’s special. We may not be there yet, but we are on our way. 

Note:  The defense would have better stats if we played 3 games against the Little Sisters of the Poor. 

Hook ‘em!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertise on HornSports


×