Sign in to follow this  
Harrison Wier

Cam Rising taking official visit to Utah

The saga in the Texas quarterback room just got more interesting. Several weeks ago, Cam Rising and Casey Thompson both entered their names into the NCAA Transfer Portal. Since that time, Tom Herman has worked furiously to keep both in Austin.

It appeared that Herman’s efforts were paying off with Thompson, but Rising has elected to explore other options. If Texas wants to keep the talented redshirt freshman in the fold, it will have to start re-recruiting him to stay in Austin. Otherwise, he may move back closer to home. The news was first reported by Alex Markham of UteNation.com.

Advertise on HornSports

From what I've read, Casey Thompson has been tearing it up on the scout team.

Since TFH's offense works better with a dual-threat QB, I'd rather we kept him if given a choice. I thought it was odd we recruited two QBs last year, anyway. It's always good to add depth and competition, but this looked like an over-crowded room to me.

What's the word on Buechele? In my opinion, E, Boo, CT, & Roshon makes for a good 4-deep at the QB position for 2019.

3 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

From what I've read, Casey Thompson has been tearing it up as scout team QB.

Since TFH's offense works better with a dual-threat QB, I'd rather we kept him if given a choice. I thought it was odd we recruited two QBs last year, anyway. It's always good to add depth and competition, but this looked like a crowded room to me.

What's the word on Buechele? E, Boo, Thompson, & Roshon is a good 4-deep for the QB position.

Agreed on all points here.

2 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

From what I've read, Casey Thompson has been tearing it up on the scout team.

Since TFH's offense works better with a dual-threat QB, I'd rather we kept him if given a choice. I thought it was odd we recruited two QBs last year, anyway. It's always good to add depth and competition, but this looked like an over-crowded room to me.

What's the word on Buechele? In my opinion, E, Boo, CT, & Roshon makes for a good 4-deep at the QB position for 2019.

As far as we’ve heard, Buechele is staying at Texas. That could always change.