News Ticker
  • Texas Basketball falls to #7 Kansas 80-78 in Lawrence on Monday night
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Seahorn

Lil’Jordan Humphrey Declares

Had heard recently that someone close to LJH thought he was returning to school, but this one has pretty much been a toss up. Collin Johnson returning takes some of the sting out LJ leaving, but the dream of having both back in 2019 is now dead and gone. 

Best of luck to LJ going forward. Kid is a baller and someone is going to get a player only scratching the surface. 

Having only played WR 2 years figured he could use another year. But maybe he'll get trained up and get paid. Best of luck to him. As this dragged out, figured he was gone. We are stacked at WR even without the new freshman, but man am I pumped for this class. WR is not a concern at all. RB, DL, and LB are the worry spots for me. 

This is a very big loss. He has been huge, best WR on team in ‘18. Unique skill set for sure. Was very confident with all 3 WRs back but JW and JS and JM will need to be ready at slot. Him back was worth at least 1 win imo(LSU/Ou) type win. 

19 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think he would have benefitted from another year. I think he could have been in the Heisman running with the right kind of year.

But just the same, I'll be cheering him on every Sunday.

I doubt if LJH had stayed he would had been a serious candidate for the Heisman. That's doesn't mean he wouldn't have had a great season.

Right now the Heisman is pretty much for the top QB's. If anything Jordan going pro hurts Sam chances for the Heisman next year.

In any other year him leaving would be a significant blow. But not this year IMO. Wittington can be the RB LJ was and perhaps though not as dominant (early in his career) still add some wiggle to the passing game. Also gets Jake on the field early and often. I wonder if any of that -- not abandoning his brothers to a shitty situation -- played into his thinking. Hope so.