News Ticker
  • Texas Basketball falls to #7 Kansas 80-78 in Lawrence on Monday night
Sign in to follow this  
tejasrulz

Texas beats WVU 61-54

Behind the solid play of Coleman, Mitrou-Long and Osetkowski, the Horns held off the hillbillies in Austin. Overall the Horns were decent from the field shooting an even 50% but were off in their 3 pt shooting (37.5%).  The good thing was WVU shot only 25% (5-20) from 3 pt land and 40% overall. I believe Texas' D helped keep those numbers down.

While only scoring 14 points, IMHO Dylan may have had his best game as a Horn with his overall play. He was 4-5 from the field (2-2 from 3 pt land) but with Hayes in foul trouble, it was his defense and a key block late in the game that helped Texas keep the game in control.  

WVU has a freshmen, Culver, the rest of the Big XII needs to keep an eye on. He was 8-12 from the field and pulled down a game high of 9 boards. Young man could play and besides Hayes and Dylan, nobody from Texas was that effective against him.

Next game is okie lite up in Stillwater this Tuesday night.

Agreed, this was definitely one of Dylan's better games in awhile. I feel like Matt's play helped set the tone, and his assist to turnover ration has been solid these last couple of games. There were also many instances where players opted to drive to the hole instead of settle for a 3 or a long 2. Love that. Also, it's crazy how important Jaxson is to the team. By the end of the season, he'll be our best player (arguably, he may already have that title).

Big game against Tech on Saturday, but I feel like the Okie Lite game is crucial. On the road against a crappy team. Texas needs to take care of business and win the game they should win. Hopefully they realize that and avoid looking forward to Tech.