News Ticker
  • Texas Basketball falls to #7 Kansas 80-78 in Lawrence on Monday night
Sign in to follow this  
Jameson McCausland

WR Collin Johnson to return for senior season

Texas WR Collin Johnson just announced he would be returning to Texas for his senior season. Prior to the Sugar Bowl, Johnson revealed he was told by the NFL draft advisory board to return to school, but wouldn't reveal whether he would leaving or returning. Now, it is official. Johnson caught 68 passes for 985 yards and 7 touchdowns in 2018.

6 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

I saw Hager down on the field after the game and I can confirm his locks are still intact. 

He'll cut them next year when we win the B12 championship. Stay tuned. 

54 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

CJ, LJ, BJ returning is the difference btw making the playoffs and not, assuming no big injuries 

Need Jones back for some leadership. Think he might be the only senior on defense next year if he comes back.

Edit- Roach will also be a senior

Edited by HORNfromETX

39 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

Need Jones back for some leadership. Think he might be the only senior on defense next year if he comes back.

Edit- Roach will also be a senior

True , leadership in back end but Wilson will start at NT and McCullough and maybe Christmas-Giles will play a lot. 

1 hour ago, TheContractor said:

True , leadership in back end but Wilson will start at NT and McCullough and maybe Christmas-Giles will play a lot. 

I'm assuming you mean Wilbon. You don't think Coburn will assert himself?

51 minutes ago, Baron said:

I'm assuming you mean Wilbon. You don't think Coburn will assert himself?

Yes, Wilbon, autocorrect. I think Wilbon will start and Coburn will play a decent amount. Wilbon is very good and has 3 years in the wt room on Coburn. I think Coburn plays many meaningful snaps. 

38 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Yes, Wilbon, autocorrect. I think Wilbon will start and Coburn will play a decent amount. Wilbon is very good and has 3 years in the wt room on Coburn. I think Coburn plays many meaningful snaps. 

Agree. Wilbon has the experience and seasoning. Coburn is just going to be too good not to play. We'll be good in the middle. With Roach returning, the DL looks to be in very good shape.

I'm torn on Brandon Jones. I worry the log jam at safety might mean he has trouble getting back into the position if he's injured again. Foster is only going to get better and you can't keep Overshown off the field much longer. He's just too good. And then you have Sterns with incoming Adimora who might be more talented than any DB we have.

29 minutes ago, DClonghornsfan said:

What’s building at that WR group is going to be scary ou gets all the fanfare but I think we’re right there with them and Clemson 

They lost Marquis "Hollywood" Brown yesterday. He entered the NFL draft. Wish Lamb would go with him. lol

After Lamb, they're not so special although the Bridges kid from Carrolton will be a dandy.

47 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Agree. Wilbon has the experience and seasoning. Coburn is just going to be too good not to play. We'll be good in the middle. With Roach returning, the DL looks to be in very good shape.

I'm torn on Brandon Jones. I worry the log jam at safety might mean he has trouble getting back into the position if he's injured again. Foster is only going to get better and you can't keep Overshown off the field much longer. He's just too good. And then you have Sterns with incoming Adimora who might be more talented than any DB we have.

Sterns is the most talented player on the team, imo. Love Adimora though. Overshown will get more reps but neither he nor Foster fill the role of BJ. He needs to return, if he gets injured we have depth. Talented winning teams have depth 

2 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Sterns is the most talented player on the team, imo. Love Adimora though. Overshown will get more reps but neither he nor Foster fill the role of BJ. He needs to return, if he gets injured we have depth. Talented winning teams have depth 

Sterns has the smarts/experience (yes, even now) that Adimora doesn't have yet. He'll get there, but his ceiling is extremely high.

8 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

They lost Marquis "Hollywood" Brown yesterday. He entered the NFL draft. Wish Lamb would go with him. lol

After Lamb, they're not so special although the Bridges kid from Carrolton will be a dandy.

Throw in wease and maybe hasslewood that’s three 5 stars wrs all that the high end of the class 

11 hours ago, TheContractor said:

I thought Foster played great against Georgia. In fact, he may have been the defensive MVP.

2 hours ago, utparothed said:

Any word on LJH? 

He received a 3rd to 6th round draft pick. That doesn't mean he's coming back, but it's better than Jordan receiving a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Report: Texas WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey receives mid-to-late round NFL Draft grade

https://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2019/1/1/18164832/liljordan-humphrey-nfl-draft-grade-texas-longhorns-wide-receiver-evaluation-junior-return-senior

2 minutes ago, primal defense said:

He received a 3rd to 6th round draft pick. That doesn't mean he's coming back, but it's better than Jordan receiving a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Report: Texas WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey receives mid-to-late round NFL Draft grade

https://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2019/1/1/18164832/liljordan-humphrey-nfl-draft-grade-texas-longhorns-wide-receiver-evaluation-junior-return-senior

without knowing the family, SL carroll is money.  so i don't think the family needs money.  so he's not desperate to get out and earn yet.  with that in mind, i think he comes back.....all in.