3 minutes ago, Earl Nobis Jefferson said:

Great tweet from Joel Klatt

The reality for Georga this season:

1) 11 wins is fantastic 

2) you lost to the 3 best teams you faced

3) tougher on Twitter than you were in the Sugar Bowl

2 hours ago, Rotty22 said:

a couple of things about that video.

1. that handler has quick reflexes.  he choked that dog getting him out of there in a split second.  he barely had any time to look up before he yanked that dog and hustled him out of there.

2. did anyone get hurt?  it seems that that one lady that comes flying by was hit by the horn in the head...

The photographer in blue that was crouched to get a low perspective shot of Uga got Bevo's head in the middle of his back and then the middle of his horn to the head as he was running away. No serious injuries reported as far as I know.

2 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

Watching that game last night as well as most of the other games, we are going to miss Gary Johnson. I hope some of these guys that we’re signing can help try to fill the void. Dude is a baller

Gbenda reminds me of Johnson, just a tad taller.

Gbenda have very good film, sure he needs a few lbs but he is in HS so that not an issue. 6-0,215, so he isn’t small. He moves well laterally, instinctive ILB, can play Rover or grow to a 235 MLB. I don’t know what the issue with services was or why the hiccup in his recruitment. He is a great fit in big 12 and plays physical 

I didnt think we would be as physical on both sides of the line. Great job by OL to overpower UGA DL. Cosmi was a man at RT, sealed off his man on all of Watson’s big runs to the right(we are gonna miss Tre). Whole line got good push and did great in pass pro 95% of the time, even on some of the pressures/sacks they gave Sam 3 seconds. 

We shirted Okafor, Imade, Hudson and 4 fr OL to go with Shak, Cosmi, Kertsetter. Add Johnson and 1 GT/Juco. We also need 1 GT/Juco 225#RB to move the chains at the end and melt the clock. Didn’t want to always rely on #11. 

Need our big 3 WRs back in 2019 to make a big run. Sam needs to work with Dev in offseason to get the deep passes connected. We need to be better there next year. 

Beck was great all year and allowed Herman to run his 11 personnel. He isn’t a great receiver but he isn’t a liability, very good blocker. 

3 man DL most of the time did their job, sure a few big runs by UGA backs but that’s their bread and butter. Nelson, Wilbon did great, Graham, CO, Roach played very well. I though  Hager would get his teeth kicked in like did vs Ou but he didn’t . Roach lined up at Nose in 3rd and long a couple times and covered RB out backfield other times. He still didn’t look as explosive as he has so maybe not 100% recovered yet. 

We found our B-Backer in 2019 in Ossai, great start to 19 for him. Johnson was great and has been all year. McCollough played fair but was active. This was Wheeler’s better games but this is his style of ball. 

To play this well without Sterns was even more impressive. Davis, to my surprise, didn’t give up a big play. 2 very nice PBUs. Boyd played well, physical as usual. Locke played well, Jones one oh his best games. BJ is a 5* for sure, will be relied on even more in 19. 

Need Punter and Kicker to make Tr Fr to Sophmore strides 

3 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

I didnt think we would be as physical on both sides of the line. Great job by OL to overpower UGA DL. Cosmi was a man at RT, sealed off his man on all of Watson’s big runs to the right(we are gonna miss Tre). Whole line got good push and did great in pass pro 95% of the time, even on some of the pressures/sacks they gave Sam 3 seconds. 

We shirted Okafor, Imade, Hudson and 4 fr OL to go with Shak, Cosmi, Kertsetter. Add Johnson and 1 GT/Juco. We also need 1 GT/Juco 225#RB to move the chains at the end and melt the clock. Didn’t want to always rely on #11. 

Need our big 3 WRs back in 2019 to make a big run. Sam needs to work with Dev in offseason to get the deep passes connected. We need to be better there next year. 

Beck was great all year and allowed Herman to run his 11 personnel. He isn’t a great receiver but he isn’t a liability, very good blocker. 

3 man DL most of the time did their job, sure a few big runs by UGA backs but that’s their bread and butter. Nelson, Wilbon did great, Graham, CO, Roach played very well. I though  Hager would get his teeth kicked in like did vs Ou but he didn’t . Roach lined up at Nose in 3rd and long a couple times and covered RB out backfield other times. He still didn’t look as explosive as he has so maybe not 100% recovered yet. 

We found our B-Backer in 2019 in Ossai, great start to 19 for him. Johnson was great and has been all year. McCollough played fair but was active. This was Wheeler’s better games but this is his style of ball. 

To play this well without Sterns was even more impressive. Davis, to my surprise, didn’t give up a big play. 2 very nice PBUs. Boyd played well, physical as usual. Locke played well, Jones one oh his best games. BJ is a 5* for sure, will be relied on even more in 19. 

Need Punter and Kicker to make Tr Fr to Sophmore strides 

Add in the explosiveness of Smith and Whittington. I think that will give the O another dismension we haven't had in a while.

19 hours ago, Bogey said:

I watched on delay as well, so for me, the game just ended. Loved it from Bevo getting after Uga to Sam sharing his MVP trophy with his family.

Texas D played with a nasty attitude and put it to 'em. And the O proved to be up to the challenge against the vaunted Dawg D as well.

I don't think the Dawgs are overrated at all. Saying that diminishes the performance of a really good Texas team.

Texas was underrated going into this game, but no more.

I'm stoked with this solid win over an excellent Georgia team. Great win for the Horns!

HOOK 'EM!!! \\m//

Bogey, I could not agree more enthusiastically!  

I would rather chant Underrated...meaning “We Are”.  Really, who are the clowns that vote?  People who wake up, see we won 28-21 and think we got ‘em by 1 TD. BS. 

It was complete, utter domination from the time their little bulldog ran from Bevo (don’t get me wrong, I’m a dog lover) until the 4th quarter ended. We dictated, dominated, and humiliated until the refs lost their contact lenses or suffered from the late hour. 

Don’t get me wrong, Davis was a legit call, but Cook was completely and totally bogus. I just hope there is an appeal process. If there isn’t, a complaint should be filed and those officials and particularly the replay official, should never again be allowed to call a playoff or New Year’s 6 Bowl. Because, they suck. 

Whatever, I’m enjoying this win. It’s probably good we lost to Maryland and those conference games. Can you imagine the motivation that will provide during summer workouts?

6 minutes ago, java said:

Bogey, I could not agree more enthusiastically!  

I would rather chant Underrated...meaning “We Are”.  Really, who are the clowns that vote?  People who wake up, see we won 28-21 and think we got ‘em by 1 TD. BS. 

It was complete, utter domination from the time their little bulldog ran from Bevo (don’t get me wrong, I’m a dog lover) until the 4th quarter ended. We dictated, dominated, and humiliated until the refs lost their contact lenses or suffered from the late hour. 

Don’t get me wrong, Davis was a legit call, but Cook was completely and totally bogus. I just hope there is an appeal process. If there isn’t, a complaint should be filed and those officials and particularly the replay official, should never again be allowed to call a playoff or New Year’s 6 Bowl. Because, they suck. 

Whatever, I’m enjoying this win. It’s probably good we lost to Maryland and those conference games. Can you imagine the motivation that will provide during summer workouts?

Not only that but also losing the Big XII title game did Texas some good to give them a wake up call that playing at the level that they did against OU was unacceptable. It seemed to me Texas got written off after that game and set up for this team to feel disrespected by those who written them off before the Sugar Bowl game. Now I maybe in the minority for this ..but..after watching that game, I'm sitting here with my case of beer, 5 shots of Tequila, 5 triple rum and cokes and food ..with the asswhippin they gave Georgia..I'm thinking why in the hell Texas couldn't play at the same level of intensity the whole damn season against teams that they should've beat. That's just my 10 cents on that one

16 hours ago, shotime73 said:

Not only that but also losing the Big XII title game did Texas some good to give them a wake up call that playing at the level that they did against OU was unacceptable. It seemed to me Texas got written off after that game and set up for this team to feel disrespected by those who written them off before the Sugar Bowl game. Now I maybe in the minority for this ..but..after watching that game, I'm sitting here with my case of beer, 5 shots of Tequila, 5 triple rum and cokes and food ..with the asswhippin they gave Georgia..I'm thinking why in the hell Texas couldn't play at the same level of intensity the whole damn season against teams that they should've beat. That's just my 10 cents on that one

No excuses, but it's hard to be "up" for every game.

Shame on UGA if they weren't ready to play. That's on them. Just like it's on us against UMD, TU, and OSU. To your point, we gotta find a way to bring it every week.