Sirhornsalot

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

Advertise on HornSports
1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

In the 2020 rankings, . . Texas sits at #29 now. We are the ONLY team in the top 40 with only 6 commits. The closest to us are a couple of teams with 8 commits. We need it to rain some commits in June/July just to keep pace.  LSU already has 18 commits. OU has 10. . . . we're behind Kansas friggin State. . . . 

Recruiting is a funny thing, the timing of commitments doesn't end up mattering in the slightest at the end of the day but over the course of the year leading up to NSD people talk about teams having a lead or catching up to teams they were behind.

I think we are in a great spot, 6 really solid players committed right now and in a great spot for quite a few more 4 stars. I would love for some of those guys to commit to ease my nerves but ultimately, it wouldn't matter if none of them commit before NSD2 - as long as they sign, thats all that matters.

34 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Recruiting is a funny thing, the timing of commitments doesn't end up mattering in the slightest at the end of the day but over the course of the year leading up to NSD people talk about teams having a lead or catching up to teams they were behind.

I think we are in a great spot, 6 really solid players committed right now and in a great spot for quite a few more 4 stars. I would love for some of those guys to commit to ease my nerves but ultimately, it wouldn't matter if none of them commit before NSD2 - as long as they sign, thats all that matters.

Oh please, only God has such an outlook. We're fans. We need to know NOW man. Didn't you read Bear19's post above? lol

Austin area 4* CB Latrell McCutchin committed to Bama, and in the process left some choice words for our "slow" recruiting process.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2019/6/11/18661510/latrell-mccutchin-commits-alabama-crimson-tide-texas-longhorns-recruiting-2021

It seems everyone we offer already has offers from most of our rivals.  Hopefully this is a wake-up call.

4 hours ago, bevotee said:

Austin area 4* CB Latrell McCutchin committed to Bama, and in the process left some choice words for our "slow" recruiting process.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2019/6/11/18661510/latrell-mccutchin-commits-alabama-crimson-tide-texas-longhorns-recruiting-2021

It seems everyone we offer already has offers from most of our rivals.  Hopefully this is a wake-up call.

We offered less than 3 weeks after Bama' and the kid just finished his 10th grade year.  That's a buncha' BS.

8 hours ago, bevotee said:

Really? You totally bought what a kid going into the 11th grade said and took it as gospel? 

On 6/10/2019 at 10:03 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Oh please, only God has such an outlook. We're fans. We need to know NOW man. Didn't you read Bear19's post above? lol

I certainly wouldn't mind having the classes locked up at this point (or at least some of the studs) but as long as they are still available I will try to remain patient.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:06 AM, Slimer said:

We offered less than 3 weeks after Bama' and the kid just finished his 10th grade year.  That's a buncha' BS.

Really?  Okay, maybe I misjudged this one, I don't know what the actual dates were, was just going by what he said.  Though I'd argue Bama shouldn't be beating us to an offer for a top-100 kid in Austin.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:36 AM, bevotee said:

"They told me things that they were going to do and then didn’t do them until after the fact that Alabama offered me and I started to blow up in my recruiting process and I really didn’t respect that too much.” 

Well, obviously the Texas coaches didn't kiss his young Primadonna rear end enough to please him. Shame on them.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:36 AM, bevotee said:

2 hours ago, Bear19 said:

“I'll float this out, although its not eminent. Should happen within the next couple weeks but could be days. Very big fish.“

Since this is a 2021 thread, I think this is a running back.

Stone, Wheaton or Byrd. Can't go wrong with any one of that trio.

1 hour ago, TheContractor said:

QB-Stone

RB-Wheaton

WR-QDavis, JoJo

OL-Byrd, Brockermeyer, Brockermeyer 

thats a damn good start to 2021 on Offense 

We need to land several of the DL for this class.  Deep and lots of high end talent.  Jackson, Burris, Sanders, Thomas, Blackshire, Banks, Adeleye.  Maybe Clayton Smith??

Landon Jackson seemed to like Texas this whole past year, but could be trending aggy ( hope I'm wrong ).  Supposedly committing in the fall and has visited aggy the past 2 weekends and his twitter is pro aggy lately.

19 minutes ago, Slimer said:

We need to land several of the DL for this class.  Deep and lots of high end talent.  Jackson, Burris, Sanders, Thomas, Blackshire, Banks, Adeleye.  Maybe Clayton Smith??

Landon Jackson seemed to like Texas this whole past year, but could be trending aggy ( hope I'm wrong ).  Supposedly committing in the fall and has visited aggy the past 2 weekends and his twitter is pro aggy lately.

Yes we do! 

Sucks abiut L Jackson, we need to change this perception this year Ins September when LSU comes to town. 

Clayton Smith , imo is a B-Backer/LB.