Sirhornsalot

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

On 1/15/2019 at 6:10 PM, Slimer said:

I would say 80% Texas for Landon Jackson and 20% A&M.....may not be that much for the Aggies. He likes Texas...still a lot of recruiting left for him. Also, Jeff Traylor is recruiting him for the Hogs. I would say that the Hogs would be second to Texas.

Advertise on HornSports
5 minutes ago, swaha said:

I would say 80% Texas for Landon Jackson and 20% A&M.....may not be that much for the Aggies. He likes Texas...still a lot of recruiting left for him. Also, Jeff Traylor is recruiting him for the Hogs. I would say that the Hogs would be second to Texas.

Landon Jackson's twitter is all Texas.

2 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Landon Jackson's twitter is all Texas.

Texas was also the only team he saw three times from the sidelines this past football season.

He has a teammate that is not getting the attention that he is. Marcus Burris is already 6'4" 245 lbs. Not as athletic as Jackson is at the DE position. Burris is projected as a DT. If he grows a couple more inches, he could be a tackle. He has very long arms. Burris made big strides this past football season as a 10th grader. Burris was a guest with Jackson for one of the Texas games.

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Tunmise Adele posted a picture on his twitter of him and Riley doing the Horns down together. He has since removed it. He visited there this weekend.

Well , that’s dissapointing thay a legacy would flash that especially with dad there.  Seems like a level head might decide not to do that.  The swoosh guy in Riley’s shirt looked like an upside down Horn logo at first glance.  I think having a jumping hoops guy on football jerseys looks dumb.

ok, after reading your post again SHA this was a different recruit.  Thought it was Brockermeir.  Thought the name you gave was an ou recruiting coordinator of sorts.  The above post will self destruct in one minute.

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Tunmise Adele posted a picture on his twitter of him and Riley doing the Horns down together. He has since removed it. He visited there this weekend.

In all fairness, he is a young kid that is pressured into a situation that he probably doesn’t know how to get out of. 

Big time college head coach asks you to do a gesture, hard for many HS sophomores to say no. He doesn’t look like he is enjoying that moment. He has had some pretty high praise for our program.

SHA, I think that might be throw up. 

Granted, a scholarship is a scholarship, but OU?  I think not.  

When it was time for my kiddo to go to college, OU had a program in her sport (UT didn’t), and she wanted to know if she should apply. I told her of course not, she was talking about her future!

Hook ‘em!

Visitors for this weekend

WR Shadrach Banks, Galena Park North Shore (Houston, TX): Probably the best WR in-state for 2021. Scary upside. 

OL Hayden Conner, Taylor (Katy, TX)

DE Ja'tavion Sanders, Ryan (Denton, TX)

DE Landon Jackson, Pleasant Grove (Texarkana, TX): He’s ready to get back to Austin. He said so. 

DE Marcus Burris, Pleasant Grove (Texarkana, TX): This will be the 6-foot-5, 250-pounder’s first trip to the 40 Acres. While most focus on Landon Jackson, Burris turned in a tremendous junior season helping lead PG back to the state championship after graduating 22 seniors. 

LB Clayton Smith, Texas High (Texarkana, TX): Freak athlete that quietly put together some great sophomore film for the 6-foot-4, 220 pounds of pain. 

S JD Coffey, Kennedale (Kennedale, TX)

S Lyrik Rawls, Jefferson (Jefferson, TX): Ball hawk and playmaker. He’s always around the ball, with plus+ level athleticism.

Per coaching rumors Stone has an extreme helicopter following him around (if you catch my drift). Probably something the staff already knows about and has a plan for. But I think there's been times in the past this staff has passed on recruits bc of influences around them. Interesting to see how this plays out. 

24 minutes ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

Per coaching rumors Stone has an extreme helicopter following him around (if you catch my drift). Probably something the staff already knows about and has a plan for. But I think there's been times in the past this staff has passed on recruits bc of influences around them. Interesting to see how this plays out. 

I hate to see that happen. It very seldom does the kid any good.