Sirhornsalot

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

8 hours ago, wadster said:

3 scholarship QBs at a time is as many as you can keep happy. 4 and someone is leaving anyway. Assuming Sam stays for his 4th year we'll have 4 next year. And then 4 again the year after. Someone will leave. You just don't want to have 2 leave like we did this year. We are really exposed if Sam goes down and recruiting has nothing to do with it. Rising had a clear path to be the starter for 2 years. Guys just won't wait. 

We have 3 scholarship QB's this year (Sam, Casey, & Roch). 

Advertise on HornSports
1 hour ago, BBQJoeKC said:

We have 3 scholarship QB's this year (Sam, Casey, & Roch). 

I know that's what I said. When I said "next year" I meant 2020. We have 3 this year in 2019, will have 4 the following (2020), and then 4 the one after that (2021) if everyone stayed. My point is everyone won't stay as nobody is going to sit 3rd or 4th string very long. Heck guys won't even sit 2nd string when they have a clear path to the starting spot if they'd just be patient. We lost 2 good QBs this year in the portal. My guess going forward is if things are working right and you can take a QB every cycle, you lose 1 every 2 years. But gone are the days a kid's going to ride the pine for 3-4 years to start 1-2. 

12 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Here is the thing on Stone. If he is not starting by his 2nd year at Texas (Which is very unlikely) he will be in the Portal. You add that and the fact Milroe is a great fit for the Herman offense.... 

He is still going to have to beat out Roschon and/or Thompson.

43 minutes ago, doc longhorn said:

He is still going to have to beat out Roschon and/or Thompson.

True. Thompson has been flirting with the portal so I’m not confident him sticking around 2 more years(assuming Sam stays for SR year). But I agree with most of y’alls points. 

14 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

The DL who is a teammate of Miroe does not currently have Texas in his top 4.  His tope 4 is 

ou, Bama, Ohio State, aggy

But his interview with IT indicated that Milroe's commitment to Texas changes things and he could see himself joining Milroe in Austin.  Definitely work to be done by the staff, but this doesn't suck either.

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

The DL who is a teammate of Miroe does not currently have Texas in his top 4.  His tope 4 is 

ou, Bama, Ohio State, aggy

This is going to be a roller coaster recruitment.  Kid is all over the place.

Friday visitor list

RB Brandon Campbell, Pearland
S JD Coffey, Kennedale
TE Juan Davis, Everman
WR JoJo Earle, Aledo
CB Ishmael Ibraheem, Dallas Kimball
WR Theodore Knox, The Woodlands
TE Lake McRee, Lake Travis
QB Jalen Milroe, Katy Tompkins

21 hours ago, Texas2725 said:

But his interview with IT indicated that Milroe's commitment to Texas changes things and he could see himself joining Milroe in Austin.  Definitely work to be done by the staff, but this doesn't suck either.

Think Milroe's commitment changes things with a few prospects. Foster may get interesting as well. Got a good feeling for the Houston area kids. 2021 OL could shape up to be ridiculously good. Gotta take care of business on the field first!

18 hours ago, Monsieur ATX said:

Hearing another 2021 (Foster) is suppose to commit today and then Juan Davis over the weekend

I wish it wasn't but seems the Foster info was off. Where did you hear that?

14 hours ago, Slimer said:

Looch just put out the Texags early rankings for 2021 class.  I'll give you guys one guess who didn't make the list.

Milroe Davis and Hayden