Sirhornsalot

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm this.  I have little tolerance for arrogance and condescension from posters or mods and this is where I get into trouble.

So this is the only site where I reveal what little behind the scenes info I get.  For whatever it's worth.

Advertise on HornSports
4 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm this.  I have little tolerance for arrogance and condescension from posters or mods and this is where I get into trouble.

So this is the only site where I reveal what little behind the scenes info I get.  For whatever it's worth.

Appreciate ya, Doc! 

4 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

Boom!! Welcome to the 40. 

Daniel does this close the book on Stone? Doesn't feel like he's the kind to come in without being the clear #1 

Well, in his article, Daniel did say "Texas has found their 2021 QB." So there's that.

Hard to tell with Stone. And its hard to say he's a true 5-star due to the talent level he plays against. I think he's a take regardless, if he's not worried about competition at the position.

But dang, I haven't seen this much talent at the QB position at Texas in a long, long time.

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, in his article, Daniel did say "Texas has found their 2021 QB." So there's that.

Hard to tell with Stone. And its hard to say he's a true 5-star due to the talent level he plays against. I think he's a take regardless, if he's not worried about competition at the position.

But dang, I haven't seen this much talent at the QB position at Texas in a long, long time.

Agree, he is very talented. His ball placement is elite vs poor competition. He has all the tools on tape. 

Would of course love to take both but a)not sure Stone want to be QB2 in any class b)Milroe eliminated Aggie and Bama after they both got a QB in their class also so he might not want a 2nd QB either 

I’m fine with Milroe, read he has a great mental makeup and he realistically has a minimum of 3 years before he sees the field in Burnt Orange. Everything will improve from a mechanics and seeing the field standpoint 

8 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Feel like we would have had it this year if Rising or Boo would have stayed. But it's great to keep having pipeline every year so that when a kid transfers out (or 2), we're not left hanging dry. 

3 scholarship QBs at a time is as many as you can keep happy. 4 and someone is leaving anyway. Assuming Sam stays for his 4th year we'll have 4 next year. And then 4 again the year after. Someone will leave. You just don't want to have 2 leave like we did this year. We are really exposed if Sam goes down and recruiting has nothing to do with it. Rising had a clear path to be the starter for 2 years. Guys just won't wait.