Sirhornsalot

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

20 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Texas is setup to do well next cycle. Just have to go out and execute the plan, which includes winning some ball games this fall. 

I'm thinking beating LSU is more important than beating zero-u from a recruit's standpoint. Beat LSU and win the conference championship and we're set!

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish. 

I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond their expectations.  They are Epps (the coaches are GaGa over this kid and he is and has performed beyond their expectations),  Ingram and Whittington (Herman says they are the best two running backs he has ever seen and that includes tOSU), Smith (they don't think he can be covered.  Period).  And, finally, Ehlinger (he has blown the coaches away this year).  a

Now let me say this.  This info is coming from the coaches who are conservative even among themselves.  It's inbred.  No coach wants to stick their neck out even among themselves.

Oh, by-the-way they are super hyper about the defense.  Supposedly, after one practice, Herman chased the DC down the hall, pinned him against the wall and kissed him on the head. 

That's a really good sign and all of it is a good sign to get high about your Horns.

It's going to be a good year, my friends.  Drink that damned kool aid.

EDIT:  One more thing.  Herman thinks our OL is as good or better than the OL when he was at tOSU.

11 minutes ago, doc longhorn said:

Ya'll want a little good news?  It's not about recruiting.

9 minutes ago, doc longhorn said:

I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond their expectations.  They are Epps (the coaches are GaGa over this kid and he is and has performed beyond their expectations,  Ingram and Whittington (Herman says they are the best two running backs he has ever seen and that includes tOSU), Smith (they don't think he can be covered.  Period).  And, finally, Ehlinger (he has blown the coaches away this year).  a

Now let me say this.  This info is coming from the coaches who conservative even among themselves.  It's inbred.  No coach wants to stick their neck out even among themselves.

Oh, by-the-way they are super hyper about the defense.  Supposedly, after one practice, Herman chased the OC down the hall, pinned him against the wall and kissed him on the head. 

That's a really good sign and all of it is a good sign to get high about your Horns.

The defense loses a lot this year but I think the new starters are more talented. This is where the last few recruiting classes make their mark. Coburn at NT. Roach and Graham at the ends. Ossai, Adeoye/Mitchell, and McCulloch for LB's. Green, Cook, Foster, Sterns and Jones in the secondary. There is no drop off in talent other than Ohenihu and that's arguable.

45 minutes ago, doc longhorn said:

Oh, by-the-way they are super hyper about the defense.  Supposedly, after one practice, Herman chased the OC down the hall, pinned him against the wall and kissed him on the head. 

Wouldn't he kiss the DC on the head instead? What am I not getting?

39 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Damn Doc

I would have been happy with “our coaches have high expectations if we can continue to progress.”

You laid it on thicker than molasses on a cold winters day.

Sometimes the little people would like a little more than the usual coach speak.  Although it is too damn hot to play 18 holes, we can get in nine then regroup back at the clubhouse to sip a few adult beverages and cool down.  This is where I hear the good stuff - sometimes.  Herman chasing Orlando down the hall was a stretch, IMO, and maybe a little wishful thinking.  Suffice it to say Orlando and Herman are very pleased with how the defense is shaping up.  Even with the lack of overall experience.  Both believe the huge talent mitigates the inexperience.  LSU will put that to the test.

41 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Damn Doc

I would have been happy with “our coaches have high expectations if we can continue to progress.”

You laid it on thicker than molasses on a cold winters day.

I live to make you happy, Bear.  :)

1 hour ago, doc longhorn said:

I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond their expectations.  They are Epps (the coaches are GaGa over this kid and he is and has performed beyond their expectations,  Ingram and Whittington (Herman says they are the best two running backs he has ever seen and that includes tOSU), Smith (they don't think he can be covered.  Period).  And, finally, Ehlinger (he has blown the coaches away this year).  a

Now let me say this.  This info is coming from the coaches who are conservative even among themselves.  It's inbred.  No coach wants to stick their neck out even among themselves.

Oh, by-the-way they are super hyper about the defense.  Supposedly, after one practice, Herman chased the DC down the hall, pinned him against the wall and kissed him on the head. 

EDIT:  One more thing.  Herman thinks our OL is as good or better than the OL when he was at tOSU.

This is too much good news overload, not sure I can handle it all. 

Also. don’t let Aggie hear you say anything about Herman and kissing anyone. 

Lsu will be the most talented team Texas has faced in a long long time. Maybe since 2010 Bama. Never will be sold in an EddieO coaches team but >6 1st and 2nd round draft picks on D as starters right now. And I love their WRs(J Chase #1 will be the best WR we face all year). They are beatable but talented. Just got my tickets, can’t wait for that one! 

1 hour ago, doc longhorn said:

This is what I'm most looking forward to the most. That and getting Epps worked in to finally get a TE to work the offense.

I know having a mobile QB is needed to keep the Herman offense rolling, but being able to run for the hard yards or dump to a TE would make me feel a lot better than Ehlinger having to put a shoulder down every time. 

15 minutes ago, Captain Hookem said:

This is what I'm most looking forward to the most. That and getting Epps worked in to finally get a TE to work the offense.

I know having a mobile QB is needed to keep the Herman offense rolling, but being able to run for the hard yards or dump to a TE would make me feel a lot better than Ehlinger having to put a shoulder down every time. 

The exciting thing about Epps is he will be a 6'7" WR that weighs in the neighborhood of 250 lbs. and he can run and he can catch.  He is, literally, a freak.  He has all the measurements of a TE but he will be playing as a WR - not sure where yet. He is going to be scaring the crap out of some CB's.

30 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Lsu will be the most talented team Texas has faced in a long long time. Maybe since 2010 Bama. Never will be sold in an EddieO coaches team but >6 1st and 2nd round draft picks on D as starters right now. And I love their WRs(J Chase #1 will be the best WR we face all year). They are beatable but talented. Just got my tickets, can’t wait for that one! 

Keep in mind, everything I have reported is 3rd hand at best.  But, so far, the info I have gotten over the years has been pretty accurate.  At least when they are semi-sober and have not totally gone into embellishment.

10 hours ago, Captain Hookem said:

Epps is working at WR behind Johnson. 

13 hours ago, TheContractor said:

Chase is good, but I don't think he is any better than Reager (sp.?) at TCU.

14 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

The exciting thing about Epps is he will be a 6'7" WR that weighs in the neighborhood of 250 lbs. and he can run and he can catch.  He is, literally, a freak.  He has all the measurements of a TE but he will be playing as a WR - not sure where yet. He is going to be scaring the crap out of some CB's.

3 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Epps is working at WR behind Johnson. 

Ah, nice... thought he was brought in as a TE, but sounds like he'll be a beast either way.