News Ticker
  • Texas Basketball falls to #7 Kansas 80-78 in Lawrence on Monday night
Sign in to follow this  
Harrison Wier

HornSports Members Prediction Thread: Sugar Bowl

If Sam has to stay in the pocket on pass plays this game will get ugly..hope herman has sam moving out of the pocket to better utilize his skill set with RPO

I think Texas plays well but comes up short

TEXAS 24

DOGS    38

with our offense on a downward trend towards the end of the season, it's hard to predict this game.  will the extra month help get sam back to his earlier season self?  let's hope so.  otherwise, we'll get blown out.  our D won't be able to contain the bulldog offense.

i see georgia scoring 42 points.  i see us scoring either 17 with the downward trend of our O.  or 35 with the good O.  either way, i don't see us winning this game.

i hope i'm wrong.

OU playing Bama closer than I felt possible gave me a sliver of hope for tonight. 

I think our D will step up and play Georgia tough. We are much better suited for their offensive style than the wide open pass happy attacks. 

I don’t see a scenario where we can have success offensively but maybe we catch them off guard a couple of times. 

I’m going 24-10 Georgia and would be pleased with that outcome. 

Lowell, the guy from the LHN, picked Texas 28-21 on TV before the game last night. Like him or not, he was spot on with his prediction.

BTW, I don't do these prediction threads cause I just can't pick against Texas. Just can't do it. Nope, never. Nuff said.

I am embarrassed that so many good Horn fans actually believed we would lose this game.....based entirely on the secsecsec hype.Lots of evidence that we were in good shape this game that many of our faithful ignored.   Georgia was wayy low in sacks....good against the run and deep ball, but very mediocre against intermediate passing....Hello!..LJH and CJ and Beck make a damned good living on exactly that! Some even said that our D was more suited to play the type offense Georgia ran.

Anyway...good luck to us. It is a good day to be a Horn fan

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

I am embarrassed that so many good Horn fans actually believed we would lose this game.....based entirely on the secsecsec hype.Lots of evidence that we were in good shape this game that many of our faithful ignored.   Georgia was wayy low in sacks....good against the run and deep ball, but very mediocre against intermediate passing....Hello!..LJH and CJ and Beck make a damned good living on exactly that! Some even said that our D was more suited to play the type offense Georgia ran.

Anyway...good luck to us. It is a good day to be a Horn fan

I wouldn't spend too much time on the embarrassment. Georgia was a 12.5 pt favorite.

based on the Bama Sooner outcome?....damn....everyone knows Sooner goes titties up in bowl games....You cant judge anything by them.....side bar....an aggy friend of mine just today was talking about how Bama had abused OU....but aggy played them very close. I said ...close?...Bame beat OU by 11 points but beat aTm by 22 points....How is that close? He said...well...yeah, but we drove 99 yards for a TD!.......aggy logic at its finest.

On 12/17/2018 at 11:26 AM, TexExSpur said:

I think it's awesome that they got a Sugar Bowl nod and anything is possible.  But.  I don't like this matchup,  They're not going to out physical UGA.  They will need to play fast and furious.  Hager will get destroyed far worse in this game than his last and boy was that embarressing!  The OL is going to have to do some heavy lifting as well.

I'm not going to toss around a prediction, but I believe UGA covers the opening line.

Boy was I ever wrong! Ill happily eat crow!