News Ticker
  • Texas will face Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship on Saturday, December 1st @ 11:00 AM in Arlington, TX. Game will be televised on ABC
  • Texas Basketball (5-1) loses to Michigan State in title game of Las Vegas Invitational 78-68
Sign in to follow this  
Harrison Wier

No. 17 Texas falls to Radford, 62-59

The Horns played an overall atrocious game tonight. It’s rather mind blowing that Shaka Smart keeps sticking to a game plan that shoots 33% from the floor and 50% on free throws. Here are the final stats:

Kerwin Roach II: 2/12, 7 1/7 3-pt FGs

D. Osetkowski: 4/15, 9 pts, 17 reb 

J. Sims: 6/9, 16 pts, 8 reb 

Just now, Bear19 said:

What’s mind blowing is that we brought     Smart back for another wasted year.

While I don't disagree with you, Radford is a very good team. Notre Dame fell to them as well. That being said, this is the type of game Texas needs to win and exactly where Smart fails. CDC will see this after another sub .500 conference record and make the change.

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

While I don't disagree with you, Radford is a very good team. Notre Dame fell to them as well. That being said, this is the type of game Texas needs to win and exactly where Smart fails. CDC will see this after another sub .500 conference record and make the change.

CDC should have done it last year.

I watched this one. I don't think Radford had a guy over 6'5, did they? They played well as a team and we were sleepwalking most of the second half.

Inexcusable, IMO. Redford at your home court? Are you kidding?

Smart never builds from good wins.  We take out a top 10 N Carolina team and then suck it for the next two games.  Can’t figure out why he can’t build on success and improve team play consistently.  

On that note, WTF with Long missing 4 FTs in a row?  Get hacked on a three and come away with zero points from the line?  Pathetic.

Reasonable me: Radford was a tourney team last year and beat Notre Dame earlier this season. Also, Radford's coach is a former Shaka assistant, so there's some insight there on how to attack and handle a Shaka team.

Emotional me:

Image result for no gif

That game was a dumpster fire and no one could make a shot. Very disappointing after their performance in Vegas.