Bear19

Another Shaka shitshow

Advertise on HornSports
31 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

Amazing that if we had simply closed out a couple more games our record would look passable.  Amazes me we are still being considered a possible tourney team...wow is all I have to say.

We go from that fiasco in Waco to handing Iowa State their worst loss of the year.

1 minute ago, lshorn79 said:

We go from that fiasco in Waco to handing Iowa State their worst loss of the year.

And there's the rub. Inconsistent play with a talented team is on the coaches. Don't let a tourney appearance turn into fools gold for you. This team will not go deep with Shaka as the coach.

5 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

Amazing that if we had simply closed out a couple more games our record would look passable.  Amazes me we are still being considered a possible tourney team...wow is all I have to say.

And if aunt Mary had balls she would be uncle...  :-)

On 3/3/2019 at 11:15 PM, DBut82 said:

So...if this team makes the tournament and goes as far as the sweet 16, do you still fire Shaka? That would put his teams in the dance 3 out of 4 years... 

No but mainly due to the fact his contract runs to the 2022-23 season.

On 3/3/2019 at 11:15 PM, DBut82 said:

So...if this team makes the tournament and goes as far as the sweet 16, do you still fire Shaka? That would put his teams in the dance 3 out of 4 years... 

At this point, UT probably only gets into The Dance if they win the Big 12 Tourney.

Spares us another one & done. NIT, here we come!

1 hour ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

At this point, UT probably only gets into The Dance if they win the Big 12 Tourney.

I say spare us the NIT. Piss on the fire and call in the dogs.

It won’t happen but I wish CDC would turn down an invitation to the NIT and announce we will have a new coach soon after the tournament is concluded.

6 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

One and done in the NIT as well most likely.  We lost first round of the third tier tourney a few years ago...CCB I think.

20 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

The bubble is the weakest ever. Texas will probably be a 10th seed as bad as they're.

22 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

The bubble is the weakest ever. Texas will probably be a 10th seed as bad as they're.

That's unfortunate because it gives ignorant fans the illusion that Shaka coached 'em up to the Tourney. Big 12 is a tough league, but still...we're not a good team.

9 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

That's unfortunate because it gives ignorant fans the illusion that Shaka coached 'em up to the Tourney. Big 12 is a tough league, but still...we're not a good team.

Had the potential and players to be a much better team with decent coaching....

Based on the lack of interest and apathy with Texas hoops I see no posts on today’s game.  I haven’t watched this team in well over a month, painful team.   Right now we are getting blasted by 18 points by mighty TCU....TCU.  You can’t tell me TCU has better players than Texas, you can tell me they have a much better coach.  What a joke if this team actually gets a bid for the tourney.  

If anyone cares the final was TCU 69-Texas 56 at the Erwin Center.

16-15 overall

8-10 in the Big 12

They will be one and done in the Big 12 Tourney, so 16-16, 8-11 when it's is all said and done.

Will they finally fire Smart? Or will we have to endure another shit show next year?