News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

Ehlinger shoulder update

Here is my take on the QB situation : sit Sam the next two weeks, if you play him in the OKST game and he gets the shoulder hurt even worse, then he is done for the year...Shane is good enough to play for this team, let him show it..

and dont think for a second that someone would love to pile drive Sam into the turf and really mess that shoulder up

Not sure this is much of a debate.

Buechele will get tons of reps this week and get into a good rhythm with the first team offense. Rising will get lots of second team reps to make sure he’s ready in an emergency.

They will re-evaluate Sam and if the medical staff clears him to play before walk through son Thursday he will start. If not then it’s Buechele and I have faith in Herman to cater a game plan and play calling to his strengths.

But no way Texas just rests Sam for the sake of resting him. Coaches always have a ton of pain tolerance for other people’s pain! They won’t risk an upset on that. I legit feel they think they can win with Buechele. But they know they can win with Sam. 

6 hours ago, Hiwood said:

Here is my take on the QB situation : sit Sam the next two weeks, if you play him in the OKST game and he gets the shoulder hurt even worse, then he is done for the year...Shane is good enough to play for this team, let him show it..

and dont think for a second that someone would love to pile drive Sam into the turf and really mess that shoulder up

If Sam can play and be effective and he's not risking further injury then he needs to play. Shane had a 100 yard RB, a NFL receiver to throw to, and a weak Baylor defense and the offense couldn't score in the second half. That's not a good sign  in a hostile environment.

Gundy and Oklahoma State has beat us the last 6 out of the last eight years. They seem to have some help extra help from Big 12 officials.

Was The Texas-OSU Game Rigged? Get Your Tin Foil Hat Ready

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/was-the-longhorns-game-against-oklahoma-state-rigged-we-put-our-tinfoil-hats-on-and-dig-in/

I think the decision was made to let Sam rest and let Shane win us the game against baylor. Didn't go so good as we could barely hold on. That strategy will probably work against OKstate as well, but do you risk it? Especially if Sam is 75-80%. Time will tell. If Sam is good to go after a long rest then start him. I think we can beat Okstate with Shane, but who know that place has given us fits that last few years. Put Sam in, lets get a 3 TD lead and then put Shane in to finish it out. 

2 hours ago, primal defense said:

If Sam can play and be effective and he's not risking further injury then he needs to play. Shane had a 100 yard RB, a NFL receiver to throw to, and a weak Baylor defense and the offense couldn't score in the second half. That's not a good sign  in a hostile environment.

Gundy and Oklahoma State has beat us the last 6 out of the last eight years. They seem to have some help extra help from Big 12 officials.

Was The Texas-OSU Game Rigged? Get Your Tin Foil Hat Ready

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/was-the-longhorns-game-against-oklahoma-state-rigged-we-put-our-tinfoil-hats-on-and-dig-in/

That game was worse than Grant Teaff's last game (Texas at Baylor) which was horrible. 

1 hour ago, dillohorn said:

UT cannot get a comfortable lead and hold it. It's a rule.

I had to double check that because I didnt believe it, but I got the book and there it was in black and white...Texas cannot get a comfortable lead and hold it....Damn!

23 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Sam has two weeks to heal and a deep and talented med staff working with him.

As much as some of you want to rest Sam for OSU, do you think Sam would then be the same Sam he was before a full three weeks later? He needs to stay in a groove, IMO.

Three weeks is a lifetime in the middle of a  competitive season.

2 hours ago, java said:

Do you think a fellow named, ahh, ahh, ahh heck, Pickens, I think, might have something to do with it?

Possible but if you really want a good conspiracy story, what if it was some rich Texans who wanted Charlie gone?

Hrizr.gif

Hello, again. I was getting ready to sign off and go to bed. I get up at a silly hour, but they have delayed school for 2 hours tomorrow due to the heavy rains in this area. 

I am glad. For once, I was a little concerned about the roads. I hydroplaned twice on the way home, and there are new Michelins on the car. It sounds like there is a possibility school may be cancelled. Over an inch of rain since 5 o’clock, and it’s supposed to rain all night. 

14 minutes ago, java said:

Hello, again. I was getting ready to sign off and go to bed. I get up at a silly hour, but they have delayed school for 2 hours tomorrow due to the heavy rains in this area. 

I am glad. For once, I was a little concerned about the roads. I hydroplaned twice on the way home, and there are new Michelins on the car. It sounds like there is a possibility school may be cancelled. Over an inch of rain since 5 o’clock, and it’s supposed to rain all night. 

I live just north of DFW Airport. I've seen 14 inches of rain in the last two weeks. And of course, we're about to get more here in about an hour.

41 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Down in Kaufman County all 3 of my duck ponds are full. Life is good.

I have set up a new "sweet spot" in my Cass County hunting grounds. I've planted oats and rye about 50 yards from a new blind set up I've made. I also have stationed a drip for a scrape nearby and of course, the mineral block.

Life will be good next month for me lol

The team has an extra week of practice to fine tune a game that fits Shane. Work on routes, timing, etc. Hopefully work on running game more than previously.

This coaching staff should be able to carve out a suitable offensive game plan with Shane, if that's what you know will go with and have extra practices. The hard part is generating the moxie and "It" factor Sam has proven he brings to the game.

Hope the staff has the moxie to use acupuncture. All kidding aside.. moxie acupuncture!! Know who used acupuncture a lot? Jerry Rice. He used a lot of Chinese medicine treatments for recovery. Throughout the season as I recall. So did Steve Young. (worked in the Bay Area at the time, so seem to recall that)

I started going to AOMA here in Austin back in 2005 and kept it up for several years with periodic visits. It definitely works. Can accelerate healing.

8 hours ago, Bear19 said:

What that has to do with Sam’s shoulder injury I have no idea. :-)

I had the same injury when I played football, and I went hunting and got my first deer.  So, Sam could go duck hunting with you?