Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Aaron Carrara

*****#9 Texas vs. Baylor Game Thread*****

Okay, had to record the 2nd half due to grandson's BB game. Just now got through watching the 2nd half. 

Gotta say, sounds like everyone got pretty excited and anxious over nothing. We had this all the way. Let's take the week off, work on a few things, and come out firing in 2 weeks. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Hookem said:

What is "ready"?

We have a championship level defense and an offense that is above average with our starting QB.

That's been a championship formula for many teams in the past. Very few teams can dig down 2 deep and maintain championship level play.

Ok, ready probably only pertains to Alabama in this case.  I do not think Texas is ready for them and if they made it they would most likely play them 1st.  Everyone else I think they could compete with and have a chance if they played their A game.  I just dont think UTs A game would match Bama's B game.

3 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Okay, had to record the 2nd half due to grandson's BB game. Just now got through watching the 2nd half. 

Gotta say, sounds like everyone got pretty excited and anxious over nothing. We had this all the way. Let's take the week off, work on a few things, and come out firing in 2 weeks. 

The replay you watched made us look better.:D

46 minutes ago, texbound said:

Ok, ready probably only pertains to Alabama in this case.  I do not think Texas is ready for them and if they made it they would most likely play them 1st.  Everyone else I think they could compete with and have a chance if they played their A game.  I just dont think UTs A game would match Bama's B game.

A lot can change by bowl season. Tua went to the medical tent for a knee sprain today. Alabama is just like everyone else... one key injury away from looking mortal.

33 minutes ago, CharcoalPuppy said:

We want WVU to remain unbeaten until we play them right ? 

We really don't care. WVU losing means Texas holds sole possession of 1st place in the conference right now. But it also slightly hurts our SOS.

We want WV to beat OU. I think we match up well with WV and hope we catch them in the CCG.

4 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

Since you do not know much about football, I am surprised you keep spouting off...post lesd

That’s a lot of assumptions you’re making... either rebut something I’m saying or go pound sand. Save the passive aggressive bs for somebody else. Hook em. 

Was at the game and just finished reading through all 16 pages of this thread. I could have sworn Texas pulled out a win but I'm starting to wonder now.

I see no mention of the 1st quarter backwards pass from Baylor that the refs ruled an incompletion. The replay at the stadium made it seem like it was a backward pass, comments?

It appeared once Sam was gone that Baylor stacked the bow basically daring him to throw. It also looked like they clogged the middle thus making Shane throw either deep of long sideline passes, both which are tougher than slants over the middle.

On Shane's INT, it appeared Duvenay (sp?) never turned to look for the ball. That was on #6, not #7.

The Texas D gave up too many 3rd and +10 yards for 1st downs. I'm sure the coaches will address that.

Ingram's a stud and will be even better when he is 100%.

6-1 and bowl eligible! HOOK'EM!

29 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Was at the game and just finished reading through all 16 pages of this thread. I could have sworn Texas pulled out a win but I'm starting to wonder now.

I see no mention of the 1st quarter backwards pass from Baylor that the refs ruled an incompletion. The replay at the stadium made it seem like it was a backward pass, comments?

It appeared once Sam was gone that Baylor stacked the bow basically daring him to throw. It also looked like they clogged the middle thus making Shane throw either deep of long sideline passes, both which are tougher than slants over the middle.

On Shane's INT, it appeared Duvenay (sp?) never turned to look for the ball. That was on #6, not #7.

The Texas D gave up too many 3rd and +10 yards for 1st downs. I'm sure the coaches will address that.

How was the crowd?  Did the croots look like they liked the environment?  I know it wasn’t a ranked team, but I hope the crowd is loud and proud!

35 minutes ago, Bevostuntdouble said:

That’s a lot of assumptions you’re making... either rebut something I’m saying or go pound sand. Save the passive aggressive bs for somebody else. Hook em. 

rebut something?...You were whining all game about how Herman was screwing it up...."trying to lose the game"....those statements were ridiculous....You think you know more than the coaches?....

35 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

I agree...I also thought Baylor must have special license in that they were allowed to tackle our receivers before the ball got there. Another thing...having to develop a new game plan on the fly would be a challenge for any staff. I thought ours did a great job.

4 hours ago, Huskie1 said:

A win is a win. Don’t forget 6-6 last year. Offense won the day last week and the defense this week.

Bye week finds the Horns 6-1! Who on here can honestly say they saw 6-1 at this point of the season.

Enjoy the win and Hook ‘em!

:)

2 hours ago, dillohorn said:

The replay you watched made us look better.:D

No, we looked the same way during the game. Strange thing tape, it doesn’t lie.  

Guess y’all listened to Herman’s PC. Sam has an AC sprain, yes, and should be throwing by Thursday or Friday. Will confirm with MRI. 

Hook ‘em!

4 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

I saw it twice, but not now.  Either way, where have you been sho?  Get back to posting girl!

Might have been my iPhone use on the board screwing with my vision!

Lol I've been working like crazy. Had worked 10 straight days without a day off. But I'm on vacation now. I am going to get back to posting..