News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Aaron Carrara

*****#9 Texas vs. Baylor Game Thread*****

25 minutes ago, CharcoalPuppy said:

Texas football is going to kill me. 

Right there with you. We are white-knuckling it every damn week. The motto is to survive and advance, and we seem to be doing that. Barely. But we're doing it.

7 minutes ago, CharcoalPuppy said:

someone mentioned earlier that he wasn't in a sling.  hopefully thats a good thing

Someone also mentioned that he did the eyes of Texas with his left hand. This is worrisome as I usually suspect a rotator cuff injury when you cannot raise your arm above your head. He will definitely get an MRI this week

strange injury. I dont recall seeing a player with a shoulder injury that wasnt in a sling and wrapped up tight with an ice bag in the shoulder wrapping.. I was very encouraged when I say him in the second half working the bench and keeping the guys fired up. The way he was acting at first I feared he might be concussed. Java calmed me down some on that so thanks Java.

56 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

Did I post it twice? . I don't see it posted twice

I saw it twice, but not now.  Either way, where have you been sho?  Get back to posting girl!

Might have been my iPhone use on the board screwing with my vision!

12 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

strange injury. I dont recall seeing a player with a shoulder injury that wasnt in a sling and wrapped up tight with an ice bag in the shoulder wrapping.. I was very encouraged when I say him in the second half working the bench and keeping the guys fired up. The way he was acting at first I feared he might be concussed. Java calmed me down some on that so thanks Java.

There are different grades of AC joint sprains.  Sounds like a Grade 1, which is the best version with less trauma.  If the ligaments are moderately stretched it becomes a Grade 2, and completely torn is a Grade 3.  Grade 1 is less painful and less trauma to the ligaments, and less immobilization is needed.

3 minutes ago, texasdalton said:

We need sam, Shane is not going to be able to get the job done throughout the season.

At least he would have lots of prep time with the staff to design a better game plan with him if he needs to play vs ok st.  I’m betting Sam will be ok in 2 weeks, but don’t want him taking a beating with his power runs with a healing shoulder.

42 minutes ago, RDHookEm said:

Someone also mentioned that he did the eyes of Texas with his left hand. This is worrisome as I usually suspect a rotator cuff injury when you cannot raise your arm above your head. He will definitely get an MRI this week

AC sprains hurt as well with elevation.  Rotates the joint and can compress it which hurts if sprained.  I would think he would have more pain response on the sidelines if the rotator cuff was injured.  Sling would make me think bad AC sprain or rotator cuff, so good no sling was needed.

21 minutes ago, texbound said:

I totally agree they're not ready.

What is "ready"?

We have a championship level defense and an offense that is above average with our starting QB.

That's been a championship formula for many teams in the past. Very few teams can dig down 2 deep and maintain championship level play.