Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Sign in to follow this  
DBut82

Tom Herman O.C.

8 minutes ago, java said:

The offense is more fluid. Some might call it a ‘beautiful symphony’. ☺️

Hook ‘em!

The offense is definitely better this year. I'm thinking the reasons why are Hand, Andrew Beck and new blood in the RB room. Herman calling plays might have something to do with it but IMO the other reasons are much more telling.

Yes, the oline has A LOT to do with offensive success; along with personnel decisions (ie rotations at WR, RB).  Although I do wish Burt (who did have a grab Saturday) & Heard were utilized more, but I digress.  I do think all of these things in conjunction with the plays called to these strengths have all seemed to improve since CTH took play calling responsibilities.  The past 3 games especially we have not looked like a cluster bomb on offense.  And it's awesome!  HOOK 'EM!!!  \\m//

IMO, it looks like it’s both. 2nd year in same offense, which is the first time we’ve had that in a while. And, we have the man who knows it best running it, which is always for the best. 

Herman doesn’t seem to have any problem doing it, either. 

10 hours ago, java said:

IMO, it looks like it’s both. 2nd year in same offense, which is the first time we’ve had that in a while. And, we have the man who knows it best running it, which is always for the best. 

Herman doesn’t seem to have any problem doing it, either. 

I agree.  I know last year Herman stated that he would prefer not to call plays and handle head coaching responsibilities, but he seems to handle both just fine imo.  And I hope he continues...

OAN: glad you're feeling better @java You're continually in my prayers :)

1 hour ago, dillohorn said:

Wonder why? I thought he was supposed to be a good one.

Who knows? Their offensive ppg and ypg have improved since he's been the OC.  From what I can tell the head coach is sort of a hot head...

Hello all. I stay very busy during the week. It’s a bit silly when I think of it. Leave home at 6 and get home between 5 and 6. 

Anyway, I think Herman is at his best when he is really busy. Have an OC, fine, but Herman calls the plays. It’s better this way. 

Keep qbs ready. He did that just fine at the osu. It was hard to believe he had three ready, but he did. Success is in the details that most can’t be bothered with. 

Hook ‘em!